Status
Not open for further replies.

amusingarts

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi guys,

I'm putting a Carter AFB 4299S on my 273 Valiant convertible. I upgraded from a 2bbl manifold to a Edelbrock LD4B high rise manifold. Alas, I'm lacking the bits that will connect the cable and the kick-down rod to the carb, I'm also missing the bracket that hold down the throttle cable. These parts, unfortunately, all stayed with my long gone 2 bbl manifold and carburetor.

I'd appreciate any help or advice on this. I believe the big issue is stock part compatibility with the high rise and downshift rod length. Maybe lokar is the way to go?

It seems the piece I'm looking for will attach both the rod and the cable, so it has to have the ball for the rod ( I have the downshift rods) to fit on, and a connection for the cable.

Thanks in advance.
A. Musing

yes the bracket that would hold the cable in a fixed position. But would also need the little ball joint that fits on the carb linkage, it's missing so, I have no way to connect the cable end and downshift rod to the carb itself.

Wow! 27 bucks plus shipping.
I knew I've been doing the right thing by snagging these every time I see one in a salvage yard.
Got one from a /6 one BBL last week.

I'm posting some pics of what I'm looking for. As well as a Pic of the engine as it sits.
Come on guys just these little parts stand between my 4 years of work and a running engine.

linkage1.jpg

afb11.jpg

engine1.jpg

here is a pic of the carb linkage. I didn't come with the proper fitting to attach the cable and kick down rod.

AFB2.jpg

the last picture top is stock, the bottom was modified for reach I guess, I didn't do it I got it that way.

Attachments

• IMG_1279.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1282.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 300
I have quite a few studs etc, and a 4 bbl kickdown bracket with bellcrank(273). Pm me your ph # and we will talk to make sure we get you what you need.

Steve

I'm curious how much of this stuff is specific to a 4 bbl setup. I got a 4 bbl intake and carb, but no brackets. If I could use the 2 bbl brackets that would be good news.

Sorry if I hijacked.

Thanks guys. I got it figured out. I'm ordering the carb linkage stud and nut from Dante's. that might allow me to use the existing throttle cable for the purpose of starting the car and breaking in the cam, if not, I'll get a longer cable.
I can deal with the kick down using a Lokar cable, at a later date.
So thanks for the pics and sources, your help made this easy!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back