Carter BB Carb Needed for /6

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
?, do you need the rod type, OR the cable throttle linkage type? Rod being more an A body deal.

I have both. also note 62's used a integral choke pull off. perhaps some 63's - not certain.

All carbs through '63 used the internal piston-type choke pull off. The external diaphragm type started in '64. This is of no consequence to carburetor interchangeability.

Hey slantsixdan
What was the Carter carb model number that was used on 1963 Plymouth Valiant slant six with an automatic transmission? I have looked and can't find it anyway....

thanks
Bearwolf64

Those numbers are in the factory service manual, which is a mandatory tool for working on your car. Keep in mind the '63-spec carbs are not the only ones that will fit and work correctly on an unmodified '63. Fit-function-flow interchange is Carter BBS and Holley 1920 for '63-'66 A-body with 225 engine (plus '61-'62 with PCV or, as the factory called it at that time, "closed crankcase ventilation"), and fit-function interchange expands that to include the 170 engines. There is also a fair number of later service replacement carburetors, both Carter BBS and Holley 1920, configured for direct installation on your '63 (as well as a bunch of other years). Big and accurate database of carb numbers is here, but do get that factory service manual ASAP.

Slantsixdan

Thanks. Hey I create a account on slantsix,org about a week ago, but haven't heard anything on being approved. Do you known anyone over there?

Bearwolf64

took carb off car yesterday it says carter ball and ball is that what you meam bb i dont know much about these carbs if you are interested i can post you some pictures later today when my son gets home from tech school i need to learn how to up load pictures one day myself if its not something you want ill post it maybe someoneelse needs it it will surely have to be rebuilt it moves ok should be fine with a new kit in it sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back