Carter YF vs. Holley 1bbl

-

kittypancake

Reaction score
looking for opinions - what's the better carb?
I do like the Carter cuz it has so few parts - only carb I've seen with less moving parts was on a Briggs + Stratton

looking for opinions - what's the better carb?
I do like the Carter cuz it has so few parts - only carb I've seen with less moving parts was on a Briggs + Stratton
cant really comment on the carter unless it is an AFB or an AVS but i have a little 1 barrel on my six and although its brand new and runs excellent it is still a 1 barrel and its like blowing through a straw performance wise..:sleepy1:

I don't believe the YF was ever used on a slant. Typical carb was BBS although Holley 1920 was also used. Too bad, the YF is a good carb, my Willys has one and it has better response than most slants I've ever driven.

Actually, the 1 bbl Carter model for a slant 6 is a ball & ball. The BBS is a 2bbl. carb. I like the Carter a little better than the 1920 Holley. It doesn't seem to leak as much and isn't quite as tempermental. The drawback to the Carter is that they warp very easily and the fast idle cam bolt and acc. pump pivot bolt vibrate loose quite often. Use some blue locktite thread sealer to keep that from happening.

Slants typically has e Carter Ball and Ball Single barrel (BBS) while 318's and later "super six" engines had the Ball and Ball Duplex (BBD) carb. The YF, and YH were a substantially different design.

You're right there Chief! I got my alphabet screwed up. I'll still take either one over a Holley.

-
Back