Casper vs Bottle Rocket !

-
That pickup is pretty fast! I dont understand how hes going to seriously race a slug 318 powered taxi that has proven in 4 YEARS of refinement, still cant run any faster than I believe 8.80s...its gonna be a gimmick!!!
  1. 5k bucks
  2. 20k+ subs vs almost 300k subs - I believe Andy's channel was really small until Tony gave Casper some exposure. Now the UTG race, David V. and MI, now Andy's channel has really grown. And I am happy for him. He has a great channel and needed more exposure. I've met Andy in person, seemed as nice in person as on his channel
  3. Gotta throw in the "fun" factor
  4. BR has gone 7.70's, and the story has it "left in 2nd gear and only sprayed half track.
  5. My question, or thought is this: What's in it for Tony if he loses ??

Last edited:
  1. 5k bucks
  2. 20k+ subs vs almost 300k subs - I believe Andy's channel was really small until Tony gave Casper some exposure. Now the UTG race, David V. and MI, now Andy's channel has really grown. And I am happy for him. He has a great channel and needed more exposure. I've met Andy in person, seemed as nice in person as on his channel
  3. Gotta throw in the "fun" factor
  4. BR has gone 7.70's, and the story has it "left in 2nd gear and only sprayed half track.
  5. My question, or thought is this: What's in it for Tony if he loses ??
Exactly, nothing but a "quick buck" scam. Also, where in the world did you see that turd run anywhere near the 7s? Fastest I ever saw was very high 8s

Exactly, nothing but a "quick buck" scam. Also, where in the world did you see that turd run anywhere near the 7s? Fastest I ever saw was very high 8s
  • I didn't see it, but Tony said he went to the dragway and ran as I wrote.
  • I wouldn't call it a scam, because it's entertainment. Scam is where you buy a product that you don't get or get lesser of.
  • Again, if Tony loses, I don't know what he gets out of it except the "joy" of doing it. The "wins" are heavily stacked on Andy's plate. Racing a channel better than 12x his size, most likely will win the race and that's another 5k, plus the fun of the event.

You got a link to the video claiming the 7.70 run? That's probably about right if he sprayed it with 150 shot the whole pass

You got a link to the video claiming the 7.70 run? That's probably about right if he sprayed it with 150 shot the whole pass
He's mentioned it in a couple of videos. He said he only sprayed half track (on a 1/8 mile). Said he left in 2nd gear also. If this is accurate, there may be a 7.0 in it.

He's mentioned it in a couple of videos. He said he only sprayed half track (on a 1/8 mile). Said he left in 2nd gear also. If this is accurate, there may be a 7.0 in it.
So no proof, just another "claim" with zero evidence it seems. Like 4 1/2 years ago when he claimed it was going to run 10s in the 1/4 mile with a od 4 speed and a 8 1/4 rear....

So no proof, just another "claim" with zero evidence it seems. Like 4 1/2 years ago when he claimed it was going to run 10s in the 1/4 mile with a od 4 speed and a 8 1/4 rear....
I would have to go back and look (which I'm not).... but I'm pretty sure he showed the ET slip. Now, one would have to be present to verify the rest of it.

I found the video where he was talking about it, he showed no time slip, they edited out the end of the run so you couldn't see the time on the scoreboard. He did say he had a custom converter built for it, and he sprayed the nitrous the entire run. I'm still not impressed, a 3k pound gutted dedicated race car with a "built" 318, ported heads and a full roller cam setup running that slow on a full nitrous pass is pretty weak.

Maybe I should challenge him to a race with my 3200 lb duster. Actual full interior street car, with a iron stock stroke pump gas 340, iron heads, 727, gears and 26" slick. It runs 6.80s through the mufflers, pump gas, right off the highway. No nitrous, no power adders.

I found the video where he was talking about it, he showed no time slip, they edited out the end of the run so you couldn't see the time on the scoreboard. He did say he had a custom converter built for it, and he sprayed the nitrous the entire run. I'm still not impressed, a 3k pound gutted dedicated race car with a "built" 318, ported heads and a full roller cam setup running that slow on a full nitrous pass is pretty weak.
Ok... so i took the time, here it is ... no ET slip, but the story of the run. Again, the story is 7.70 with a 1.6 60ft leaving in 2nd gear and spraying half track or so....

-
Back