Caster Angle - 69 Dart

-

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Is there an accurate way to measure caster angle at home without special tools? Can I get a reasonably accurate measurement using basic mechanics tools, levels, carpenters square etc??
Thanks in advance guys!

George

I've done it with a combination square measuring off the spindle nut. Basically you start with the wheels straight using two nuts on the spindle you lock them together so one is level. Then turn the wheels 20 degrees left, two pieces of greased sheet metal under the wheels required. Measure degee on spindle nut. Turn the wheels 20 degrees right. measure spindle again. Divide the measurments this will be your caster angle. Repeat proceedure on other side and adjust as needed. Car needs to be on level ground with @ 1/2 tank of gas.

it easier to just use a angle finder on the bolts from the upper and lower ball joints. just take the cotter pin out so its not in the way and place the angle finder on the to bolts.

..............Hey George........u want as much caster as u can get.........start by pushing in the rear in all the way............pull the front out 2 get ur camber into spec......the more camber u get, the more caster u get.........kim

If I do it that way kimmer, I'm still neg camber. How much neg I don't know, but neg for sure.

Thanks all. I'll try the offset bushings.

George

-
Back