Cat owners opinion needed

-
Why Do Cats Sleep in Their Litter Boxes?

So, why do cats sleep in their litter boxes? I believe the main reason a cat will sleep in it's litter box has to do with security. I think an insecure cat or one feeling very threatened in some way, will sleep in the litter box.

Cats - particularly indoor, domestic cats, equate their litter boxes with security more than a child does their blanket or thumb! A cat having control over it's litter box means the cat is safe.

Food may or may not be forthcoming, but a litter box means it can urinate or defacate without worrying. Cats normally bury their waste, so they are not sleeping directly on the soil. In some situations, control over a litter box means control over other cats; place holding in the pecking order.

A cat that is threatened by a dog, or harassed so that it cannot get to the litterbox, will also sleep in the box. I often tell folks to get a cat tree when they get a dog. However, I also warn them to watch the dog to be sure the cat has access to the litterbox. Your cat needs clear access - no impediments - nothing in the way and no interference. If this means that your dog is restricted to certain parts of the house, then so be it.
To the Top of Why Do Cats Sleep In Their Litter Boxes?
A child chasing a cat or manipulating access to the box, can cause this behavior. If your grandchild comes to visit and has no cat of their own, this can cause trauma to your cat. A cat not used to children will especially act this way. As the child wants to play with the cat, the cat may be uncomfortable, scratch and so on. However, if your grandchild just chases the cat, the cat may not feel safe stopping to use the litterbox. In this case, it's possible your cat will just begin sleeping the in the litter box.

If you have your litterbox in the basement and then close the door so that your cat has no access, it is possible your cat will take up residence in the litterbox. That way, you cannot restrict access to the box by closing the door between the cat and the litterbox. If you have a door in this position that might get closed, it may be in your best interest to install a cat door between the rest of the house and the basement or room with the litterbox.

Best Friends!
attachment.php
lmao just like a couple...ones pushing the other off the bed...

Our little bundle of 'joy'.
Egyptian Mau

Fast as ****, loves to play hide and seek with the puppy.
Always seeking food and /or attention...usually the food.
Very vocal, will not come when called but will respond when food bag is rattled.
As many cat owners know....claws are like 4 scalpels per paw.
Loves my son, tolerates me.
Adopted as a kitten when one of his friends moved into a 'no pets' apartment.

P8089847.jpg

-
Back