Cat Whiskers Belt Moldings, Use or Not To Use?

-

JTG

Reaction score
Hi, anyone using Cat Whiskers Weatherstrips on their 68 Cuda, I noticed the outter molding is different then OEM, the OEM is a straight flat piece of rubber where the Cat Whiskers one is like a u shaped channel, is this a better design then original? are these moldings easy to install? does the window go up and down easily once installed? do you folks recommend putting these on the car or sticking with the OEM style? Thank You

Hey Dana67dart, sorry my car and the cat whiskers beltline moldings are on the otherside of the city at the moment so I can't take a photo, my friend tried installing one and it didn't fit right and didn't look right, at this point I've ordered the reproduction ones that are exactly like the originals from 68, I will not be using the Cat Whiskers moldings.

Hi, anyone using Cat Whiskers Weatherstrips on their 68 Cuda, I noticed the outter molding is different then OEM, the OEM is a straight flat piece of rubber where the Cat Whiskers one is like a u shaped channel, is this a better design then original? are these moldings easy to install? does the window go up and down easily once installed? do you folks recommend putting these on the car or sticking with the OEM style? Thank You

mine had car whiskers to start with , I replaced them with new ones , drivers side works ok , pass. side is very stiff and have to open the door to roll it down, which could be adjusted out, but would let the window leak more . The new ones leaked on a new 68 , 383 form s I had when I was young , (first new car) , and the dealers couldn`t stop it back then.

mine had car whiskers to start with , I replaced them with new ones , drivers side works ok , pass. side is very stiff and have to open the door to roll it down, which could be adjusted out, but would let the window leak more . The new ones leaked on a new 68 , 383 form s I had when I was young , (first new car) , and the dealers couldn`t stop it back then.

I ordered a set from Repops which is suppose to be exactly like the originals the car came with, I will be selling the Cat Whiskers set as I was not happy with it at all.

It would be really helpfully if you post some photos.
I will hopefully be going to the car on Monday as its on the other side of the city and I will be bringing back the Cat Whiskers beltline moldings with me and I will take pics.

Has the design of the beltline molding for A body cars changed, it seems any of the beltline moldings available at this time have this V channel as shown in the pic, where the ones on my car the rubber is completely flat as shown in the pic, actually even my Camry and Lexus have the traditional flat rubber beltline molding from factory. If anyone knows where one can buy the traditonal flat rubber beltline moldings and not this V channel setup it would be much appreciated.

IMG_5112.JPG

IMG_5109.JPG

Not all a bodies have that trim in that location. 67 dart it is at the peak of the fender.
As for cat wiskers my 67 look very much like those in post 8

-
Back