Catalogs

-

gonzomn

Reaction score
For someone new to Mopars & Darts what are the must have catalogs, who are the must know suppliers and are there any must have books?

Thanks,

Gonzomn

Well, I'm willing to go out on a limb here since you've had 21 views to this point and no answers. Catalogs from Summit and Jegs are easier online, in my opinion, as they don't print a lot of stuff in the paper catalogs for Mopars, other than "generic" parts, like Holley carbs, etc. A lot of cam selections things like that are geared towards the Chevy guys on paper, but a lot of parts online through their websites.

Same way with Auto Metal Direct and Goodmark. Best way to find out what you might need from them is to check the websites and if you don't see it, give 'em a phone call.

Year One and Paddock are decent if for reference to see what's available new/repopped.

P-S-T. Give 'em a call for a free catalog on suspension parts. Firm Feel's website is full of suspension pieces.

Books, wow. "How to Build Small Block Mopars," "How to Build Big Block Mopars," "How to Hot Rod Small Block Mopars." We have one here, not sure if it's still in print, called "Mopar Performance, a guide to Big Block Chryslers."

Search on here and ask questions. Guys all over on here with experience to help lead you in the right direction for products, parts, and resources.

I've used all the books Rameth recommends, all are excellent. But the people on FABO are your number one resource Hands down.... They are an excellent group of people.

summit, year one and goodmark, paddock, and one of the most valuable books to get are original shop manuals. Go to ebay and buy a chiltons manual covering the year of your car or an original shop manual from chrysler for your car. I have bought quite a few of them....they are over 30 years old but usually in good shape and have tons of information you can trust because its straight from chrysler.

factory service manual for your car is the first book anyone should buy then jegs and summit. year one but who needs catalogs with the internet at your fingertips. i search a part on google and weigh my options. Oh and dont forget Victorias Secret

x3 on the factory service manual. A factory parts catalog for your year mopar is also an indispensable reference book. Both can easily be found used or in reprint book form/CD - PDF format.

As mentioned, these forums (FABO, Moparts) are an excellent resource for real world experience with our beloved A bodies. Lots of reputable suppliers advertise and some even blog on these forums.

Not critical but a nice book to have on the shelf is the Musclecar Color History of the Dodge Dart & Plymouth Duster. Published in 2000, it covers the years 1960-1974. Nice photos, factory equipment and tech specs although it could easily be a much longer book.

One other book that has proved to be wealth of info for me over the years is the Direct Connection Performance Book. At 1400 pages, published by Chrysler in 1980, it collects all of the racing bulletins/papers written by the Chrysler engineers and designers themselves. Exhaustive reference with extensive info on factory high-performance packages, engine and chassis mods for the street and strip, and tons of factory part numbers and descriptions. The book pops up from time to time on ebay however, some of the specific engine and suspension chapters have also been reprinted in smaller books by Mopar Performace.

-
Back