Caution - Tale of a long distance slacker

-

Cazbah362

Reaction score
So here is the screwing I just received:

Couple of weeks ago posted a “wanted” thread for a manual large sector steering box. Gentlemen responds from Ohio and he provides a phone number. We talk, chat, and he explains how his Dart was rear-ended and he is striping everything out. In one of the pictures of the box and some of the other items I see a set of A Body headers under the engine bay of the Dart and ask if they are for sale. long story short, we make a deal for the box and headers. That night he goes to Fedex, takes pictures, send pictures of tracking number and off go the items. I call Fedex he uses and confirm this later because I am a bit paranoid.

To pay him we agree on a Walmart Money gram - PITA, but it works.

Couple days later, everything is on a slow boat to my home, he calls - Do you need anything else. Well, why yes, need wiring harness, LCA’s with sway bar tabs and a sway bar for 73 Dart. Pictures, FedEx, tracking number for one box. I make three separate payments and box is in the mail, less the LCA’s.

Now his girlfriend is picking up the money and dropping the LCA’s off to ship like all the remainder of the items. I pay, things are going well and all of the sudden he stops responding. Well obviously something is up. Ask for tracking number, nothing.

First box arrives with a small sector box and headers. Hmmm Headers don’t look right - I wonder….. Yep, there not the A-Bodies, there some truck headers. OK, guess at least I received a manual box and headers.

At this point I know there is at least one more shipment I know of and a possible second with the LCA’s (maybe they shipped, he just tired of my neurotic txt, calls, etc). Second box should be Sway Bar and harness.

Second box arrives and it is small - only a harness. Hmmm, I bet I just got really screwed.

Well after waiting a week, multiple calls and now its to the forum. I deleted this PM out, so mods its in the delete area, feel free - I don’t know it or I would share. Here is what I do know, his name is:

Cory (Richard) Lane
(There was something funny on middle name, but again Walmart Security shows he had ID to pick up the cash)

900 Jefferson Ave
Chillicothe, OH 45601
Telephone 740-656-3391

His girlfriends name is
Chance Cop (Seems real, spoke with Walmart Security, provided ID when picked up the money)

Here is what I received and did not:

Received was suppose to be:
Small Sector manual box —— Large Sector Manual Box
Truck Headers — A-Body Headers
Complete Wiring harness — Wiring harness
A-Body Sway bar and all mounting hardware — NOTHING
A-Body LCA with sway bar tabs — NOTHING

I paid in full and have all the Moneygram / credit card receipts to prove this. If needed, txt with all transactions can be posted as well.

Corey - If you read this, just send me the parts, correct headers included, or all the money for parts which are not correct, less box and harness. I will keep the box and the harness, and you can send a return label for the headers. In 30 days, no label, they go on CL.

Thanks -

any chance you got the right parts but your just working on the wrong car?

(little attempt at humor there)

this is a rather unfortunate situation
you talked to him on the phone, did he seem knowledgeable?
knowledgeable enough to purposefully send you the wrong parts?

seems like a scam though, considering there are still parts he didnt send anything for

any chance there is a timestamp on the pictures he showed you, did they seem legit?

I deleted his user information, I was thinking the mods could go back and un-delete it?

He did seem knowledgeable, friendly and punctual. I have all the timestamps, locations etc. We will meet again, that's the great thing about a work that lets you travel.

and DIY - Yea that was the joke when I conformed with the forum on the header application - COULD have been for a Trail Duster.....

that sucks ughhh did you delete all messages from your sent folder as well ??

good luck and i hope its just some strange mix up

Lots of these type of threads lately. Don't know that I'd ever do business like that. COD or cash and carry

Why did you delete most of your documentation before this was all settled????

Thats another advantage to going gold more storage in pm's. Sorry to hear thats why if they don't do pay pal I don't buy.

So there were no posts on your wanted thread by him, or by you on a thread of his?
Did you view any thread by him?
With the use of the search function, seems odd you could not figure out his forum ID.

Not a slacker, more like a scammer! Has all the earmarks of a scam, Walmart Instagram payment, loss of communication, the wrong parts are a new one though!! Sad to say I think you've been scammed!! Geof

Hmmm......

http://www.scamguard.com/categories...-auto-partsthen-blocked-callsno-retutn-email/

Took money for auto parts,then blocked calls,no return email

740-656-3391 (1 Complaint)

Advertises parts for old Mopar cars, gives you cell number, email, and address,after you send him money,blocks calls, won't return emails. I posted on the web page he was a scammer, got a real nasty email that night, he called the next day ,I told him I was gonna report him to the police,he said that it would cost me more to drive to Ohio to report it,than he scam me for, said he was making a good living scamming people.

Complaint resolution: 86.50 for money sent,$300 for lost wages,$150 for travel to and from chillicothe ohio from tn. to make police report

Damn.... I almost bought parts too..
This ain't right.
I have bought quite a bit of stuff for my car off here and the guys I have bought from have been stand up.
I don't know about everyone else, but I work my tale off for what little I can buy and I am always soooo leery of new people.
No offense to the "Good" new people, but it makes it hard to buy when you got to watch your back all the time.
This guy "Richard" PM'd me and sent photos to my regular e-mail and seemed ok.
I guess that was a misinterpretation.
Sorry to hear about this Cazbah.

I deleted his user information, I was thinking the mods could go back and un-delete it?

Nope, deleted means deleted.

Don't take this wrong, but WTF is the matter with some of you people?

DO NOT SEND ANYONE MONEY ORDERS --- EVER!

Its like leaving $100 on a bar, going to the bathroom, then bitching when you come back and its gone.

I'll look around and try to identify this guy, but I'm not sure I can... I'm sorry this happened.

He did seem knowledgeable, friendly and punctual. I have all the timestamps, locations etc. We will meet again, that's the great thing about a work that lets you travel.

and DIY - Yea that was the joke when I conformed with the forum on the header application - COULD have been for a Trail Duster.....

You screwed yourself as badly as he did , were there 100 pm's more important than the one where you blindly sent money to?:violent1:

The user's name is RichardLane and has been banned. He seems to be the same guy as 74dust who I banned months ago for scamming a member. I believe his real name is Chance Copp

Violating a temporary protection order - Chance Copp, 26, of 900 Jefferson Ave., case dismissed without prejudice because essential witness' attendance could not be secured.
(see http://archive.chillicothegazette.c...22/Public-records-Chillicothe-Municipal-Court --- Same address)

I would suggest you call the Chillicothe Police Department - 740.773.1191
Captain Larry Bamfield is in charge of investigations. Perhaps they could go have a talk with him.

He's kind of shady as in I would only deal face to face.
I can elaborate a little later.
I've had some dealings with him.
I'm headed out the door right now.

-
Back