CD/Radio in trunk

-

Her1970

Reaction score
Wanting to install a cd/radio in the dart. I am wanting to install it in the trunk. Anyone know of a unit that runs a wireless remote? I am not crazy about having a wired remote.

I have a clarion cd changer from about 1993...it has wireless remote.
I mount it in back and works great.

One question when looking at decks I would ask is:
Is the remote infrared or uhf. UHF can shoot through and work deck without a direct "line of sight" like infrared needs.

Mine is infrared but has small screen that mounts on dash. This works with line of sight.

a number of manufacturers make FM modulated C Dchangers with a remote. I have a 10 - disk pioneer changer I am putting in my wife's car (won't mention what it is... don't want to get shot... LOL) it has a wireless remote but needs a readout mounted on the dash. you can use double back tape and mount it on a tab under the dash or somewhere kind of out of site.... the drawback is you need an FM tuner... Custom Auto Sound (http://www.casmfg.com/Application_Guides.htm) is one company that makes AM/FM head units to install in our classics. I bought one for my wife's Mustang... (oops, the cat is out of the bag... sorry) it looks lie an original AM face, and uses the old style mounting posts with knobs but has a digital readout when you turn it on.

-
Back