Cell Phones and Driving

-
...........Which is why some states have what is known as "open container" laws. They don't care, and don't have to prove if you were actually drinking, or not. All they need is to find an "open container."

Also......IT IS NOT the physical act of hanging onto a phone that is the damn problem........it's where your brain goes when you are "into" that conversation on the other end. "Hands free" phone conversations should be illegal, too.

My Wife talks a solid stream while I'm driving, and that should be illegal too.:D

Also......IT IS NOT the physical act of hanging onto a phone that is the damn problem........it's where your brain goes when you are "into" that conversation on the other end. "Hands free" phone conversations should be illegal, too.

For the sake of argument, why stop there? If that was the case, shouldn't having conversations with other people in the car should be illegal as well?

they are trying to gain speed to not be doing 15 mph on the next one !

It doesn't work.
I still pass them on the next hill when they have dropped back to 50.
Then I have to get out of their way on the next down hill when they want to ride bumpers at 80 or better,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTAJ56hv-vJpMtx9UwZh9HbExlr7xe-7kCx_LNhOqSbevmdzxp.jpg

For the sake of argument, why stop there? If that was the case, shouldn't having conversations with other people in the car should be illegal as well?

There are many people who can't handle this. When are we going to pass a law that requires actual brain power and the ability to pay attention to get a licence.

There are many people who can't handle this. When are we going to pass a law that requires actual brain power and the ability to pay attention to get a licence.

From some of the stuff I see out there, that would really limit the amount of people with a license.
Just yesterday a guy in the left turn lane next to me decided he was tuning right after all and just cranked the wheel right across in front of me as I was rolling off the stop sign.

From some of the stuff I see out there, that would really limit the amount of people with a license.
Just yesterday a guy in the left turn lane next to me decided he was tuning right after all and just cranked the wheel right across in front of me as I was rolling off the stop sign.

Lots of that here in Sun City West. The residents complain about those " speeders " from out of town. Speeders are the least of our worries.:steering::steering:

Lots of that here in Sun City West. The residents complain about those " speeders " from out of town. Speeders are the least of our worries.:steering::steering:

Yep, I'd much rather deal with people going faster than some ******** doing 10 miles an hour under the speed limit and not using signals.
They seem to think they are driving safer by going slower, but going slower and not using signals just makes it so if you are doing the speed limit (or over a little) these people change lanes or turn in front of you with no warning as you are coming up on them.

Happened again, last night: Traveling down the highway, two lanes in the same direction. I'm slowly passing an SUV that's in the right hand lane. The SUV drifts left into my lane and I begin to veer left to avoid contact. I tried to honk the horn but was busy hitting the brakes and avoiding the bridge abutment ahead of me. SUV swerves back into the right lane, as I go by I can see the glow of her iphone on her face.

-
Back