Center Console Shifter Plastic Insert Issue

-

340_dart_power

Reaction score
I'm looking for input as to how to correct this problem with my Dart's center console shift area. As you can see in the photos, the plastic insert which surrounds the shift lever is broken. It's been this way since I purchased the car three years ago, and I'm about to gut the interior to prep it for subframe connectors to be welded onto the floor pan.
Have any of you dealt with this before, and if so, how did you fix it? It may be immediately obvious as to a solution when I remove the console, but thought I'd pose the question here to the Group for consideration.
Thanks for the assistance.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Once you pull the console, you'll be able to access the shift indicator slide from underneath. You can buy those on ebay.....

Also, you can make one yourself with a black plastic notebook divider page or something similar. That's what I did.....:cheers:

Once you pull the console, you'll be able to access the shift indicator slide from underneath. You can buy those on ebay.....

Also, you can make one yourself with a black plastic notebook divider page or something similar. That's what I did.....:cheers:

I knew somebody would have an idea(s) on this one, thanks.
How did you loosen/remove the top of the shift knob?

I knew somebody would have an idea(s) on this one, thanks.
How did you loosen/remove the top of the shift knob?

The button is threaded,turn it counter clockwise till it threads out,theres a set screw on the lower part of the knob that will also need loosened.The button is spring loaded,keep a hold of it as your threading it out.

Count the number of turns as you remove so you put it back the same. As stated before it is spring loaded and that is what allows the shifter to to work in the gate.

I made one from some vinyl siding I had leftover. Just painted it with plactic paint.

I have never dealt with them personally, but have seen them referenced here on FABO quite often.

I'm glad you found another source besides ebay. 8)

-
Back