Center Link Idler and steering Arm question

-

scrag

Reaction score
Aloha,

We are swapping a 360 into a 1968 Dart. We are dropping the K Frames today and swapping them when I noticed that there was a difference in the shape and size of the V8 to the Slant 6 (with regards to the Idler and steering arms).
We are running headers so this is a concern whether or not centerlink will pass through correctly if I use the Slant 6 steering gear.
Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Both cars are power steering. Upon inspection they are very similar.

Thanks

Scott

What you're probably seeing is a difference between years (68-72 vs. 73-76), not engine types. The relative position of the joints should be about the same so it may not be an issue with headers. If your choice of headers is very year specific then buy a set that matches the year range of the steering linkage you end up using.

See here for more info on steering linkage: http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/linkage.shtml

Yeah we are seeing more "subtle" differences as we progress.
Engine is in the car - headers are also in - what a headache - Planning on routing the transmission fluid lines (that I forgot I had...) tomorrow. Looking for some pulleys and to find a late saginaw replacement pwr steering pump with press fit vice screw on (only have press on pulleys for the pump).

I appreciate the replies - BTW that is a sweet looking Duster.

-
Back