centerforce clutch for street

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hey guys i am lookkng to buy a new clutch kit for my 68 cuda 383. i am looking at the centerforce 75109. The engine is a stock rebuild. And will be street driven. good choice? Thanks

I came up with a McLeod clutch with that part # I am running a Centerforce DF269739 and love it. Light pedal pressure and grabs hard. Buddy of mine has same clutch behind a 500+ HP stroker and has been pounding it for 3 yrs now with no problems. Knock on wood.... I swapped out my old borg & beck. One of the best upgrades I have done.

We put a Center Force DF in my buddys 450hp 87 mustang and I loved it. I think it hit too hard for slicks though. Most of the tranny builders I have talked to say to run a Mcleod hopefully not the $2g one LOL. I would say for a street car the CF DF gets my vote

I have a Centerforce II set-up in my 66 Valiant 340 and love it, so freakin easy to drive!!!

+1 on the centerforce ... Have the dual friction in my duster behind a stroker .. So far so good

I also have a center force II in my 72 340 cuda .
So far so good but only put a 250 miles on it and have not finished dialing it in .
It sure feels like it grabs well .

Don't forget the pedal assist spring may have to be addressed with the diaphragm style cover/plate.

I bought a centerforce DF and the guy that balanced my rotating assembly hated it. He said for a drag only car it would be great. But for a street car he hated the fact that it would not balance with the weights free floating at low rpm's ( which is what it will be idling at in traffic ). He said that if he did balance it, he could turn the machine off, then turn it back on and the weights would shift and throw it back out of balance. He told me how much weight wise but I can't remember the exact number, but it was a lot. But anyway he wanted to cut the weights off, and said he would do whatever I wanted, and he had done it before and they worked fine. Especially since I only have around 350 hp in a street only car. I have not been out on the road with it yet, so we will see. If you are not putting out a lot of power and not using slicks I would stay with something just a notch less than the dual friction.

Yep similar thing here duster360- I would love anyone above to pull it out and look at the flywheel and clutch base,They would see glazed spots and the flywheel burned beyond surface grinding,McLeod RXT for me,I went thru 3 centerforces in three years including a dual disc. Steve

-
Back