Centerforce Questions

-

gold68dart

Reaction score
Looking to convert my '68 dart over to a 4-spd over the winter. Looks like the majority of you use Centerforce clutches. Forgive my ingorance since I am not up on the latest clutch technology. Which one is the better application the dual-friction or the centeforce II? What is the real world difference between the two? Is it best to use their flywheel and throw out bearing? BTW - it will be matched to a 416 stroker SB and mainly be a street car with occasional strip time.

Thanks!!

I have a Centerforce II setup in my 66 Valiant with a 400 horse 340, works like a charm, perfect on the street and strip, shifts like a new car :D I think the Dual friction kit is for all-out drag racing although some run it on the street. I am running a stock Mopar flywheel with the centerforce clutch disc, throw-out bearing, and pressure plate.

I put a dual friction in a 1992 dodge stealth R/T about 10 years ago and it worked perfect. not to sticky, not to soft. I had it boosted to 15 psi running 13.20's and you could ease out of the hole under full power and it would hold. Being an all wheel drive car you had to go easy on the drive train, that is why you had to ease off the clutch. I think if you side stepped the clutch you would be using a dust pan to pick up all the trans parts. I would recommend and use a centerforce again. Also the stroker 70 Dart i picked up from Mad dart has a centerforce dual friction, but i havent been able to test it out yet.

-
Back