Centerline combo

-

amzchad

Reaction score
As i am looking to build a road car i would like some nice centerlines and some tires. What would be the best combo on my 72 dart. I would like to go wide as possible but i dont want it any wider in the front than the back. So help me out please?

I am looking to buy all this new unless you have some of course.

O ya small bolt pattern 4 pison disc brakes

First of all, which Centerlines? Autodrags, perhaps? Are you looking to be able to rotate your wheels/tires? Basically, are you looking to run the same size on all four corners? Are you looking for SBP wheels? Either way, they pop up quite frequently (the LBP a little more than the SBP).

OK, I'll give you my two cents worth. You are limiting yourself when you say you dont want to go any wider on the back than the front - I assume by this that you want the same tire and rim combo all round. You dont say what size wheels you want, 14 or 15 inch, but I will assume you are looking at 15 inch rims.

Given the above I would say you could go no larger than 15 x 7 inch rims with 225/60 tires. Even then the 225/60 tires may well provide you with some rubbing/interference up front with the wheel at half to full lock and going over a bump (eg. entering a driveway). 215/60 tires would be a better size for the front, in my view.

225/60 tires would fit comfortably in the rear - depending on your axle and rim backspacing of course. 235/60 would also fit on the rear. 245/60 and larger and you may well start to have clearance problems.

To recap the above, if you want to stick with same rim/tire size all round my best advice would be to go with 15 x 7 rims and 215/60 tires.

Otherwise, if you're not totally wedded to the idea of same size all round I would suggest going 225/60 or 235/60 rear and 215/60 front, for an ideal combo that should not present any real headaches.

Hope this helps.

-
Back