Centers Auto Drag info needed.

-

89on35s

Inferno Red Duster
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have info on what sizes were available in the Centerline Auto Drag wheels back in the day? I want a pair of 15x7s with about 4.25" backspace. Am I chasing unicorns here?

Cley
20200907_090925.jpg

I have a couple dozen in back of shop/
By memory = 3 5/16 and 4 7/8 (Might be 4 15/16)
Nothing anywhere close to what you are looking for.
Cragar Super Tricks came 3 1/2 and 4 1/2.

Bob De Vor who ran Centerline would not make custom back
spacings even for the sponsored Racers so I do not think you will
find your back spacing. He did for me sometimes redrill an extra
bolt pattern in an existing wheel but that was about all the accommodation
they were set up to do. Perhaps changed the last few year before they quit
about 5 years ago but I do not think so.
Maybe someone has one of the later catalogs.

In 15 x 8 or 8.5 you might find something...I don't run across to lot of 7 inch auto drags

I have the 15x8.5 w. 4-5/8" bs in the back and 15x5.5 front w. IDK backspace in the front. Was hoping I could find the aforementioned 15x7s to put a bit bigger tire on the front. Thanks for the info!

Cley

@GTX JOHN was 100% correct with what was available for sizes. I finally found catalogs from the 70s and 80s online. So unless I want to use spacers I can't find exactly what I want. Now spacers are an option for me. A 5/8" spacer with a 4-7/8 bs would work.

Now I just need to find a pair that isn't hugely expensive!

Cley

Last edited:
I have 7 inch and 8 1/2 inch pairs in nice shape off my race cars for
$375 a pair which I believe is a bargain for nice wheels

I've looked at ET Wheels. I love the LT-III. Some day I'll get a set of them too. I like to have lots of wheels for my car. Just like ladies with shoes! My mistress should have as many shoes as she wants! I have steel wheels and dog dish caps, the Centerlines, I always look for another set of aluminum slots. I'll have a set of Cragars too when I find some. Oh and I do have a set of 18" Enkei wheels too but I really don't like them. Should really sell them.

Cley

Be sure you buy a quality billet spacer
not a Chinese cast piece.
A hub centric would be best on that big
a spacer. I never go past 1/2 inch myself.
Not trying to talk you out of a sale but
I do not want anyone ever to get hurt
like I did when I hit the Christmas Tree.

Last edited:
I have 15x8 1/2, 4 7/8 bs autodrags on my car, with 10.5x28 slicks. One side has a .300 spacer, the other .350. So basically, the 4.5 bs would be the winner. Too bad centerline didn't make em that way.....
I have billet wheel spacers that I made on an 11 sec car, a 9 sec car, and a formerly 8 sec car, tuned to run low tens. Good quality billet spacers don't bother me at all.

-
Back