challenger taillights on a 72 duster???

-

72smallairparticler

Reaction score
This is the strangest mod I've ever seen. To each their own I guess.

That’s the strangest mod you’ve ever seen? That doesn’t even start the topic for me…

Honestly I think it looks pretty decent. Hard to tell if it was done well considering the matte black paint and the decal. If anything it’s pretty subtle compared to the factory ‘72 tail lights, people who aren’t super familiar with the body style might not even notice.

And maybe I’m wrong, but aren’t the ‘72 tail light pieces not reproduced? So given the condition of the car, it might not have had useable ‘72 tail lights to begin with. And the modern Challenger lights would have been easier to source. Makes sense to me.

I didn't know that about the 72 tail lights not being reproduced! Hmm, yeah I was considering adding LEDs inside my factory taillights but never considered direct swapping in the challenger taillights.

I’ve been looking for 6 years for a repop set of 72 tail lights for my car. That’s a no go. Being a slight hoarder, I might have a few sets of original ones now… was looking at Dapper lighting for the conversion. They have 70-71 and 73 up setups..

i've seen this car pop up like a jack-in-the-box every few months on CL

nice to see that it's "more" "finished" now than the last time.

stylistically, i'm not opposed to what's going on there. the gauges aren't for me. and i don't need a touch screen. but the tail lights work with the body lines.

i've seen this car pop up like a jack-in-the-box every few months on CL

nice to see that it's "more" "finished" now than the last time.

stylistically, i'm not opposed to what's going on there. the gauges aren't for me. and i don't need a touch screen. but the tail lights work with the body lines.

Yeah I think the tail lights might be the best mod on that car!

I don’t understand those reproduction gauge panels at all. They’re expensive despite just being cheap *** plastic panels, and the gauge layout is awful especially for the accessory gauges. Sure, you get aftermarket gauges which can be anywhere from really nice to cheap junk, but the insert itself just doesn’t look right.

The car itself seems ok, I’m sure some of those modifications are on the questionable side and will need to be re-worked to some level. Hard to say, it’s clearly had a bunch of stuff done and quality of that work might be a real headache.

-
Back