Challenger test drive

-

Floorman

Reaction score
I was in London a couple weeks ago working and drove past a dodge dealer that has a purple Challenger so the next day I go back to check it out,I dont think I was even out of the van when a salesman approaches.I finally called and set up a time to drive it,I am a like a little kid at the moment.I had thought I would hold out until the 2013's came out then I would have had Challengers 40 years apart.

thats cool...they are a neat car thats for sure...id like to test drive one just to do it..but i dont think ill ever pay the 40 grand asking price...i think the srt's should be priced around 30....not 40 g's

They have an 09 with the 3.5 for 30000 and the 10 with the Hemi is 45000.The payments on the 09 are alot easier to take

Anyone that hasn't driven a new gen LX/LC platform Mopar is missing out, especially the SRT's. For those that think it's overpriced, it's comparable to a fully-loaded Camaro (you have to go RS/2SS to hit the same options) and has options/features not even available on the Rustang.

http://www.chevroletreports.com/blog/1035861_gm-confirms-the-2011-chevrolet-camaro-z28-is-a-go

"6.2-liter V8, similar to that of the SS version but this one is supercharged."

"Concrete power numbers are not final yet, but this engine also powers the newest Cadillac CTS-V, where it makes 556 horsepower and 551 pound-feet of torque." *

"So expect 0 to 60 times under four seconds and a top speed of 193 mph."

The SRT cars will need to up their power or get spanked.

I took both the 09 with the v6 and and the 10 with a hemi and if I could swing the 700% a month payment it would be in my garage.

http://www.chevroletreports.com/blog/1035861_gm-confirms-the-2011-chevrolet-camaro-z28-is-a-go

"6.2-liter V8, similar to that of the SS version but this one is supercharged."

"Concrete power numbers are not final yet, but this engine also powers the newest Cadillac CTS-V, where it makes 556 horsepower and 551 pound-feet of torque." *

"So expect 0 to 60 times under four seconds and a top speed of 193 mph."

The SRT cars will need to up their power or get spanked.

6.4 Hemi is supposed to be at least 500 HP, but I bet there's going to be a supercharged 5.7 or 6.1 as the top option to beat the Z28 and GT500. Or maybe we'll see an SRT-10 with the Viper engine.....:snakeman:

I love the new challengers......not a fan of the new chargers.......I think the demon concept car is stupid looking and I think the cuda concept is AWESOME....in fact,they make a challenger body kit that turns it into a cuda concept I believe.

6.4 Hemi is supposed to be at least 500 HP, but I bet there's going to be a supercharged 5.7 or 6.1 as the top option to beat the Z28 and GT500. Or maybe we'll see an SRT-10 with the Viper engine.....:snakeman:

I sure hope they come out with the 6.4...but i bet ya its prolly going to be around 50 grand..booo

-
Back