? Challenger

-

gtdart

Reaction score
Is there any more Info on the 08 Challengers. By the time thet get built the camero will be out and will have to listen to the brand X people, its bad enough I have to hear about the mustage.

Man it is looking more like feb-march 2008, was hoping it was like oct-nov 2007. Would be nice because this is 50years for the 392! I want a red 6.4 with a 6spd stick. We will see, I have heard that no 6 spds 1st year out and no 6.4, only a 6.1 auto car/ But guys at the mopar strip vegas were told by Dodge guys that a 6.4 is in the works with a 6spd? Wait and see wish I new more, but all else I know is lot of rumors. I also know the recent EPA and swartzin jerker bitched yesterday to the feds about US automakers low gas MPG, but of course it is OK if the foreign cars get a wave as always. I also think now GM is having 2nd thoughts on the new Cam... as well told from a Factory GM rep I have know for 20+ years :wack:

Even though I am not a Ford, GM guy, I like all the new retro muscle cars, it is good to see this again and has put some life back into hot rods again.. for the average joe

All I've got to say is I hope they keep the price down for us little people. If they jack the price$$ up on they'll be eaten alot of them.
At least ford had enough sense to make the Mustage cheap enough for everbody to own one. I hate to say it if they jack the Price up I think I'll end up buy a ford, it's all to with $$$$$$$$.

I read that most of them are already presold, and the going price is 50K if you can find one!

You known I'm getting tired of Mother Mopar making this vehiches and putting them out of reach for the common people.
If they really want to sell they would offer a low end car at first and then offer the higher end like ford did.

I'm really getting tire of Chrysler building cars that nobody can buy or the don't offer anything in a rear wheel drive except a truck. Can't they get through thier heads they need to build what they PEOPLE want.

I'm about ready to sell all my MOPARS and go Buy Ford at least I known I'll get a real wheel drive muscle car and it won't cost me $$,$$$.$$.

Man I hear ya, but that is why us at this club restore our old A bodies right?

If the SRT-8 (Magnum, Charger, 300) is any indication...it will probably be at or over the $45k mark. In my area dealers charge the "Dealer mark-up" for the car being a specialty car, or in high demand. I looked at a SRT-8 Charger that was at $72k. That car happens to still be sitting on the lot after 5 months btw...

I really would like one also, but the price seems like it will be a tough pill to swallow.

Thanks,
Clint S
San Gabriel

the first year of challengers is gonna go fast, youll have to wait till 2009 to start seeing them at sticker price. Weve all see this before. as far as pricing expect a 5.7 hemi model to price close to the 5.7 charger (same size car) about 32k. the challenger looks good, but it will be very heavy (4200lbs). I know alot of use love big muscle, but they like putting big muscle in big cars these days. This is why i like the demon concept, lightweight, rearwheel drive, and maybe a srt4 turbo version with 300hp (of course that version will be priced close to 20k, were the base model will be close to 15k).
As far as the challengers high price, it shares alot of parts with the big charger and 300c cars, they claim thats the only reason they could build this car was because of the shared parts. Otherwise they would have had to build a new platform just for the challenger. the reason the mustang is priced right is because they kept the rearsuspension simple.
I agree with you guys, build an old car and forget about these way overpriced new rearwheel drive cars. but i will not sell my dodges just becuase ford has one good car out of its whole line up.

I have my sources. :pirat:

I am seriously going to buy one when they come out. I will be ordering a Plum Crazy 5.7 6 speed (Black if no Plum Crazy).

Here are some pictures of the Production body style, which will include a new nose, rear bumper, taillights, and different side glass. The taillight panel will be a little different to meet laws, as well as crash rated F&R bumpers. Still scheduled for March 2008 as a 2009 Model. You can barely tell the difference, but look at the nose and how it sticks out a little more.

0602_naias_039+2009_dodge_challenger_concept+front_side_view.jpg

0602_naias_019+2009_dodge_challenger_concept+rear_right_view.jpg

The car that is closest to the production version is their race car concept, they did a real good job of keeping the production version close to the original concepts.
112_2006_sema_286z+Dodge_Challenger_Super_Stock_Concept_+front_view.jpg

The challengers are coming out on February 6, 2008. They have a countdown on the dodge site. Just go to http://www.dodgechallengercountdown.com/ They also have a super stock model of the challenger. They took the first two bodies and one became the base car and the other was sent off to be modified to be the super stock version. Just type "challenger super stock" in on google and you'll see what i'm talking about.

Dodgenut64 said:
...but i will not sell my dodges just because ford has one good car out of its whole line up.

I hear you, and agree. I am not ready to part company with either of my old Dodges to be replaced by the Ford, BUT...at $25k for a new 300 hp GT, it sure looks like a fun daily driver/ commuter. As others have mentioned before, the after market is saturated with Mustang hop up parts. 425+ hp is not hard on the mod motors.

I am not trying to start a Ford vs. Ma Mopar war. I am just really impressed with the current Mustang GT package at the price.

Thanks,
Clint S

Hi Guys
Go to www.allpar.com
Click concept cars in the left column and you can read everything you want to know about the Challenger.
I WILL have one, probably an SRT like version. The first bunch as mentioned apparently were built for some of the dealers and have all been spoken for, that is ok, I'll still get mine. For those of you talking Mustage, have you actually driven one yet?
Darius
"69GTS 340

Darius said:
For those of you talking Mustage, have you actually driven one yet?

Hey Darius,
Yea, I have driven a few 06's and 07's both automatic and manual. The manual seems to be the obvious choice, but the automatic sure is nice in Los Angeles traffic. The first one I drive was a black on black GT with a manual trans...I scared the crap out of the dealer, then my wife. It was a real fun car.

I have also driven a RT Charger. It was also fairly quick, but seemed fairly plain on the inside.

I am looking for a car to commute back and forth to work in, and still put 2 car seats in on the weekends.

For the money (~$25-28K) the Mustang is very quick, has excellent brakes, and has an incredible after market following.

Did you have any specific issues with the Mustang?

I am interested in your feedback.

Thanks,
Clint S

Hi Clint
I actually bought the 06 Charger R/T. It is quick enough that's for sure, particularly AFTER I put a chip in it that I got from Summit for $235. That cleared up all the drive by wire delays in shift,downshift that I actually thought was a defect when I first got it. It is rather plain inside but very comfortable. The "stang felt like I was sitting in a tub. I did not care for the height of the console and could not quite get comfortable with it. I was very impressed with the speed and handling however. Another thing I did not care for was how noisy it was, not that my 340 Dart with Flowmasters is quiet, but as a daily driver it was too much. It has been nice to have the extra room inside when my wife and I go out with others and it's my turn to be DD ,and while there has been comments about the 4 door style it has really grown on me and I like the overall looks of the car. I can say that I don't care for how some owners have "DUBbed" their cars out with the all rim no rubber look. The stock rims and rubber look just right.
If you're haulin kids, the trunk is very accommodating as well for all the "kid asseories"( been there, done that)
I got the Charger for $30,500
Hope that helps
One more thing, I get very consistent 15mph around town and 20mph on the hiway and my foot is ALWAYS in it! I just LOVE that rush!
Darius

oldmoparsrule said:
I hear you, and agree. I am not ready to part company with either of my old Dodges to be replaced by the Ford, BUT...at $25k for a new 300 hp GT, it sure looks like a fun daily driver/ commuter. As others have mentioned before, the after market is saturated with Mustang hop up parts. 425+ hp is not hard on the mod motors.

I am not trying to start a Ford vs. Ma Mopar war. I am just really impressed with the current Mustang GT package at the price.

Thanks,
Clint S

i agree with you aswell. the mustang is priced right and looks awsome, its unfortunate dodge couldnt build a smaller affordable challenger. Ill take a 5.7 hemi over the 4.6 in the stang, but 300hp isnt a bad start. Plus the stang weighs about 500lbs less then the challenger.

Darius said:
Hi Clint
I actually bought the 06 Charger R/T. It is quick enough that's for sure, particularly AFTER I put a chip in it that I got from Summit for $235. That cleared up all the drive by wire delays in shift,downshift that I actually thought was a defect when I first got it. It is rather plain inside but very comfortable. The "stang felt like I was sitting in a tub. I did not care for the height of the console and could not quite get comfortable with it. I was very impressed with the speed and handling however. Another thing I did not care for was how noisy it was, not that my 340 Dart with Flowmasters is quiet, but as a daily driver it was too much. It has been nice to have the extra room inside when my wife and I go out with others and it's my turn to be DD ,and while there has been comments about the 4 door style it has really grown on me and I like the overall looks of the car. I can say that I don't care for how some owners have "DUBbed" their cars out with the all rim no rubber look. The stock rims and rubber look just right.
If you're haulin kids, the trunk is very accommodating as well for all the "kid asseories"( been there, done that)
I got the Charger for $30,500
Hope that helps
One more thing, I get very consistent 15mph around town and 20mph on the hiway and my foot is ALWAYS in it! I just LOVE that rush!
Darius

Hey Darius,
Thank you for the feedback. It is funny, while driving home last night, i saw an incredible SRT-8 Charger on the 210. It was black with tinted windows, stock SRT-8 rims, bigger tires...it was SWEET!!! My wife really likes the Charger better than the Mustang for the exact reasons you mentioned, 4 doors, more room. I am glad to hear about the chip from Summit.

I lurk on a Charger forum board. Your feedback has confirmed what I have learned so far from them.

http://www.chargerforums.com/

Is yours a true Road and track version? I think they are 315 hp, or something, more than the standard 5.7 hemi right? Have you changed the exhaust, if so, which one did you go with?

Again, thank you for the feedback, very helpful!

I need to drive the Charger RT again...

Thanks,
Clint S
San Gabriel

-
Back