change bolt circle

-

moparraceman

Reaction score
have a 63 dart with 4" bolt circle want to go to 41/2" bc it has drum brakes is there something i can buy to replace the 4" drum with 41/2" drums [part # } ? or is there enough room to redrill the drums to 41/2" ? its on the front thanks

Yes you can. I re-drilled my 9'' FRONT drums on a 67 Dart to 4 1/2'' The fronts have enough meat to do this.
Tapped to fine thread 1/2''-20 2'' bolt in studs. Installed 15'' C body road wheels.
IMG_0179.jpg

I actually used a old Cal-Custom adapter,removed the 4 1/2'' studs,bolted it to the hub using the 4'' studs and set up the drill press using the 4 1/2'' holes as center point for drilling.

If you are changing to 4.5, swap to front discs.

You can have your setup reamed to the larger ball joint size and save some money there if you'd like. That's what I did. I have bill do them at RMS. He powdercoated them too.

Or the quick fix: there are 5on4 to 5on4.5 adaptors out there. But I'd rather re-drill 'em.

5 on 4.5 adapters, as long as they are quality are great. Most people avoid them out of shear ignorance. BUT...the reall issue is that they push the wheel out and make fitment on the front a *****

-
Back