Change the color or not, 68' Dart

-

mailman2004

Reaction score
I'm thinking of changing the color on my Dart 270, it isn't the original color now although it has alway been blue, just not this blue.

1322195292.jpg

I'm thinking about maybe Painting it the color of my truck

003.jpg

Or maybe just a slight change to the color of my Durango

naming001.jpg

or maybe a different blue.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Vote is for truck blue over durango blue. What is stock color?

This will be my restoration thread, not much will be done the car is pretty solid, hope to get started very soon

i think it needs a little primer

Attachments

• 100_4905.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 129
If it were me I would just buff the organil paint. It dont look faded or worn out/rusted. But if you wanna paint I would say the truck blue.

If it were me I would just buff the organil paint. It dont look faded or worn out/rusted. But if you wanna paint I would say the truck blue.

It's not the original paint, it was painted in 1986 and the rust was fixed at that time to, it could use some blocking out and it has some scratches

So my dad says I can use the back room of his shop this winter to work on the Dart..... "IF" I fix my Harley and get it out of there first (I wonder if I have to many toys) problem is the Harley (1991 FLH) has electrical problems and that is not my specialty, but I really really want to get the Dart inside and get working on it.

-
Back