Changed my water temp sending unit and still nothing on the gauge.

-
I'm gonna try a 33 OHM resistor and see if I can make the needle point straight up. If it does then I'll go swap the temp sender out.

The figure I have is closer to 25 but that should be close enough to give you an idea of the gauge. Both temp and fuel use the same resistances, so you could substitute the resistor back at the tank and compare readings.

Sounds like you are on the right track. What does the SENDER check for resistance when cold, hot?

I am not showing that to be a coorect part when I look for a 1972 Duster with a V8 on Oreilly's website. These are the options I show.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/s...h&model=Duster&vi=1231973&keyword=temperature

Advance does show it as a direct fit.

I don't know what that all is, and some of us have discussed that earlier. I think O'Reallys is AFU. Note those are listed as "universal" and some are obviously the wrong size thread.

The part he posted, WT-127, if you check the compatibility chart fits about 90% of the Mopars on the planet, going back to 64 in some cases.

I went through the same thing. Man it sucked, but then I said, just replace everything...Gauges, sending unit(s), and the circuit board. All of mine work like new. The old ones may of still worked , but when in doubt, I replace everything. I found everything in Classic Industries.

Attachments

• 001 (6).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 002 (5).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 003 (6).jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 011 (2) (640x480).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 012 (6) (640x480).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 127
I don't know what that all is, and some of us have discussed that earlier. I think O'Reallys is AFU. Note those are listed as "universal" and some are obviously the wrong size thread.

The part he posted, WT-127, if you check the compatibility chart fits about 90% of the Mopars on the planet, going back to 64 in some cases.

Hopefully that doesn't mean the correct one is being discontinued. Guess I better pick up a couple just in case in the next few months.

-
Back