changing 67 barracuda auto floor console into 4 Speed one.

-

realDL1965

Reaction score
I had an automatic floor console, but never took it apart before I sold it, since I didn't need it at the time. If I were to buy another, would it be easy to turn into a 4 speed one, and buy a new reproduction top for it, since they do make that ?
This is why I have a hard time parting with extra parts. It's usually better to have a part, and not need it, then need one, and not have it ! I usually end up regretting parting with stuff later on.

Well, as long as I know it's possible, I know I can do it if I have the console, and the new 4-speed top. I just needed to know if it was possible, or the designs were to different to work. ok, car first, then details like the console will be a breeze, lol !

Thanks guys.

Guess I got confused with the reading ? Several different consoles were mentioned with the pics. I must have read another post by accident that talked about an e-body console change over, sorry for the confusion !

Last edited:
The automatic console has a cutaway on left side that's barely large enough to reach and replace the shift indicators light bulb. The manual console has a different shape cutaway where the additional cover over the added floor hump mates up. Changing that cutaway is no big deal. I just thought it worthy of mention. Good luck with it.

The automatic console has a cutaway on left side that's barely large enough to reach and replace the shift indicators light bulb. The manual console has a different shape cutaway where the additional cover over the added floor hump mates up. Changing that cutaway is no big deal. I just thought it worthy of mention. Good luck with it.
Thanks redfish.
Don.

Different shifter handle than regular 4 speed

-
Back