Changing fuses or fuse box

-

Dakota Smith

1976 340 Feather Duster
Reaction score
7B83F82E-8271-477C-A87C-0093122C5534.jpeg
This is what my fuse box looks like in my 76 Plymouth Duster 340. There are two missing, but it looks like none of them are blown. Should I put the other two fuses in? What do you guys think about the rust on the fuse box? Is it a big problem or okay for now?

None are missing. Your car does not have all the options the box was designed for. The upper left one looks suspicious from the pic posted though. A little cleaning will not hurt as long as the battery is disconnected first.

I suggest cleaning up as much of that corrosion as you can. Corrosion causes excess heat and fuses are heat activated so in an effort to stay reliable, clean em up. As stated above, those empty ones are not used. See how there is metal clips missing? No metal clip means no way for power to go through a fuse.
Cley

A harness that corroded I usually remove and glass bead all connections . All of them including the bulk head and fuse box. Then I put the harness in a sonic cleaner but not necessary. After that I apply a liberal amount of die-electric grease on all connections including fuse box.

-
Back