Changing interior color

-

Sinister.

Reaction score
What is the best method to take when changing the interior color of your car?
I could buy basically all new everything in black, but that's really expensive.
My headliner is in pretty good shape (2 small holes), my door panels are decent, and my carpet is fairly new. Can the panels be painted, and the headliner & carpet dyed? I need a new dash pad and seat covers for sure.

I'm just kind of looking at options here. My interior is green now and I want to go black.

I think you can paint/dye the panels and arm rests. I know you can paint kick panels and a pillers. Not sure about the carpet and headliner. Another thing to consider is the dash color. Your going to have to paint the top matte black and I dont think you can do it with the windsheild in...

I'm in the slow process of body work/painting right now so I see the windshield coming out in the future.

i had used the vinyl spray paint and primer from the paddock to repaint the headrests and armrests on my old fury. i followed the directions exactly on the cans. the match was near perfect (gold) to the door panels.it never peeled like the cheaper brands tend to. i also used to recondition used cars for a dealership and alot of the times there were juice spills that had stained the carpets. there was carpet dye that came in spray cans that i used to cover the stains and it seemed to work good. not sure about dying an entire rug with it though. you probrably could if your going to a darker color.

I just did this process for my Neon SRT-4. I had a body shop paint them. Came out pretty damn nice.

I just did this process for my Neon SRT-4. I had a body shop paint them. Came out pretty damn nice.

I think I want to keep it at home... unless they were extremely reasonable in price..?

-
Back