Changing interior colors

-

photorep

Reaction score
The interior of my 74 scamp is a parchment color. The whole interior was
Done by the previous owner a few years ago and is in great shape...but of course, i want a black interior. Has anyone used the various spray vinyl dyes to go black and how did it work out...seats...kicks...trim. The whole works. Also, can carpet be dyed. Right now it is a copper/cocoa color and in great shape. If it can't be colored, it will be for sale soon. Let me know. Thanks

I'm in the process of changing my interior to black. The vinyl paint worked great on the dash pad, I haven't used it on the seats yet.

Of course prep is they key, I used Duplicolor vinyl paint.

Here is a pic of my dash pad, it's a little dusty but you get the idea.

Attachments

• dash after.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 143
I see your doors are blue. Was the dash pad that same color? Also your dash looks great. Did you redo that also..any tips? Thanks

I'm in the process of changing my interior to black. The vinyl paint worked great on the dash pad, I haven't used it on the seats yet.

Of course prep is they key, I used Duplicolor vinyl paint.

Here is a pic of my dash pad, it's a little dusty but you get the idea.

LOL funny , we were just talking about this very thing.

these seats were done in duplicolor black vinyl paint. very durable, flexible and it dries really nice. use the right specific paint for plastic and vinyl pieces, they are different kinds of paint.

i sit in my seat everyday and it has not worn off

Attachments

• ds7.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 108
  • fp40.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 107
I see your doors are blue. Was the dash pad that same color? Also your dash looks great. Did you redo that also..any tips? Thanks

Yup, dash pad was the same as the door panel. When I did the dash I pulled everything, sanded the dash itself and painted it. Painted the dash pad and put it back on. The cluster and bezels are some different ones I got on here.

Here's what it looked like before I started.

Attachments

• dash before.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 138
-
Back