Changing to BBP on the front??

-

nick69

Its Me!!
Reaction score
Guys how easy or hard is it to swap the front wheels to Big Bolt Pattern 4.5"??

Its a 67 Dart btw. :thumblef:

Thanks
Nick

Nicky,its eazy.You go the scrap yard and find a 73-76 A-body front end and take every thing.What you want is the spindles,calipers,hoses,sway bar if it has one,upper tables,and the rims for just moving the car.Then its simplely repalcing the parts after they have been reconitioned.If you get all the parts and have them prepped and ready to go,a weekend afternoon is all you need.After you are done,go to get it aligned and your done.If you have any questions about it,or need pics of the parts,post thequestion and request and we will help you,Mrmopartech

Thanks for the fast reply.

Thats a lot of parts to get. Hard to get parts over here in the UK so ill have to get them bit by bit as they come up.

Where would I be without the knowledge on this forum!!

Many thanks again.

Nick

73-76 sway bar and 69 k-frame don't mix too well. you need to modify it if you want it to work. for a 69 style sway bar, just mount the spindles(they are symmetrical) so the calipers are at the back(make sure bleeders point at 12 oclock), then you can use an original mounting style sway bar for a 69.

Nick,do this,get some here in canada or the USA to get the parts and get them shipped to you after the shipping has been figured out,its a idea,mrmopartech

I will go that route eventually but for now ill have to stick with Adapters.

Thanks for the help and advice guys.
Nick

-
Back