Changing your diff?

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
While reading through Mopar Action, I came across these measurements. They are center of axle to center of u-joint. This should help decide on lengthening or shortening your drive shaft. This does seem to be a common question.
Axle............................ C/C dimension
7 1/4"..............................10.09"
8 3/4"..............................12.35"
8 1/4", 9 1/4"....................11.69"
9 3/4" (Dana)....................13.47"

Just instal the diff and then measure. . . . or you can spend money twice shortening your shaft, more times than not when people come in with this info off the internet, a friend, some so called expert they spend more than just doing what i told them.

OK. I agree that installing the 3rd member then measuring makes the best sense, after all
these years who knows what might no be in factory specs. not intending to hijack this thread, but my question fits "Changing Your Diff." I have hunted and somehow have missed width measurements on these axles. specifically an 8.25 from an F body. how close are the widths and spring perches to being bolt in to an early A body (60-66) and a later A body (67-76)? experienced people with answers can save me frustration, I am going hiking in the spooky old woods alone. measuring alone and in a salvage yard situation cannot be the best and relied on. thanks in advance.

-
Back