Chargeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

-
I'm glad they are keeping it in the lineup, but style wise, I prefer the previous model. But I also said that about the previous Ram. I'm gradually warming up to the new Ram.

I'm glad they are keeping it in the lineup, but style wise, I prefer the previous model. But I also said that about the previous Ram. I'm gradually warming up to the new Ram.

It's been the same way for me lately with Chrysler products, with the exception of the Challenger. Eventually they grow on me I guess. I do really like or 07 Charger. It's not the best looking car but it's probably one of the best cars we've ever owned. I think it's got a more aggressive front end than the Challenger and reminds me of a 70 Coronet or a Polara. The taillights are a huge improvement over the current style though and I hear there are some earth tone interiors on the way also for these cars.

blahhhhh 4 door.

I seen this charger a few months back when photos got leaked of one dressed up as a cop car in the new fast and the furious movie thats coming out.

its OK,don't get me wrong.....I just would really like to see a 2 door one....

I do like what they did with the rear dacia of this one compared to the last though

guys come on 1974 happened and we didnt stop loving those cars the new charger happened ya its got 4 doors and it sells like hot cakes maby one day we will get a 2 door charger again but look we have the challe its got 2 doors accept and adjust guys I think the 11 charger is a big improvment and I like were its going, its not 1970 its 2010people need and want 4 doors as long as there is still a CHRYSLER corp I am happy LONG LIVE MA MOPAR

yeah i was gonna get one in 2007 but i couldnt get over the four door thing so i passed it up and got a toyota...no comments lol

altho if i could have waited i would have gotten the challenger for shure but i was expecting my first kid so i needed something right away ....

it might be four door but still looks better then my budys new camaro.............LOL

OK I still don't get this.... WHY does a full-size performance sedan named 'Charger' need 2 doors?? The distinction between 2- and 4-door cars is almost non-existent nowadays, it means nothing besides having 2 extra places for people to get in... The "original" came with 2 doors, so what? It also came with a solid rear axle, 3-speed transmission, and drum brakes, do the new ones need that too? The new Charger is a COMPLETELY different car, if it was named anything else would people still complain? (RANT OVER lol)

Anyway I think the 2011 looks wayyy better than the current Charger, not as chunky and fat looking. The new Durangos are also very cool, I give props to Chrysler for designing UNIQUE cars that stand out, even if they aren't immediately good-looking. I'm most anticipating the new Viper though, I've heard it's supposed to be a world-beater in looks and performance...

BOOM! thanks man

OK I still don't get this.... WHY does a full-size performance sedan named 'Charger' need 2 doors?? The distinction between 2- and 4-door cars is almost non-existent nowadays, it means nothing besides having 2 extra places for people to get in... The "original" came with 2 doors, so what? It also came with a solid rear axle, 3-speed transmission, and drum brakes, do the new ones need that too? The new Charger is a COMPLETELY different car, if it was named anything else would people still complain? (RANT OVER lol)

Anyway I think the 2011 looks wayyy better than the current Charger, not as chunky and fat looking. The new Durangos are also very cool, I give props to Chrysler for designing UNIQUE cars that stand out, even if they aren't immediately good-looking. I'm most anticipating the new Viper though, I've heard it's supposed to be a world-beater in looks and performance...

its not a have to be two door ...Its a preference that is all...

BTW they dont build cars annymore there just means of transportation LOL!
still im not insulting your 90 plus vehicul or the shoebox ppl now a days love crap i have one for a daily driver there great and cheap but thats it....its all just preferance thats like i prefer a duster to a dart i dont hate the dart i just prefer the duster.. i prefer two doors because when im in a 300 plus HP car i dont need no back seat drivers ...its fine in my toyota its a family car and barely has 100 hp so its not made to be fun ...

just a question here isnt the wheel base on a two door car a little shorter ?
just askin because i know it changes for some trucks

its not a have to be two door ...Its a preference that is all...

i prefer two doors because when im in a 300 plus HP car i dont need no back seat drivers ...its fine in my toyota its a family car and barely has 100 hp so its not made to be fun ...

just a question here isnt the wheel base on a two door car a little shorter ?
just askin because i know it changes for some trucks

Then on those same lines why get a car as large as a Charger in the first place if most new performance 2-door cars are smaller and lighter anyway? It seems like the new Charger market is for a performance sedan that can carry 5 people comfortably and go fast doing it, and 4 doors just makes that easier on the passengers.

Most of the time 2-doors are shorter than 4-doors although it's not a requirement, I'm sure there are models out there that don't follow this.

IMO it's fine that it's a four door, but with that in mind they simply should have called it a coronet instead. But people today don't even know what a coronet is so obviously that would not be the best marketing move. Charger? There was one in the fast and the furious so even idiot ricemobile weenies know what a charger is.

I still say I don't like 4 door.

ya it will still have a good power plant and move along good and blah blah blah and yeah its 2010 and not 1970 and drum breaks and solid axle blah blah blah.....its not about that.....its what was known as the charger and what was an icon was changed and thatstough to deal with ( I know .....it has been done....so deal with it LOL).

and I know in todays world with people having children left and right and so on that the "family vehicle" is holding a large chunk of the market in appeal.

its just the idea of it I guess......I personally think the charger would look alot badder *** if it was just a TAD shorter,no back doors or large rear door windows taking up the side of the car.....I think it would be a great tribute to the name charger and that they should atleast eventually offer it in a 2 door model at some point.....even if they continue making it a 4 door.

don't get me wrong....I would drive one....I would justl ike to see a bit of a throw back to days of before.

and I think the challenger was spot on....thats my favorite new car and rather it is the lowest rated in performance out of the mustang and camaro and itself....I don't give a ****.....if I had the cash to own one I would love to own one.

I don't want to beat up on Chrysler but I think they missed the boat again. Listen, I'm far from a rocket scientist but it doesn't take a genius to realize that someone at Chrysler just doesn't get it. For me the 4 door isn't the deal braker but really no SRT model available for 2011 why not? Where is the manual transmission? How about a 2011 Charger SRT with 6 speed manual now you're talking. I mean come on am I off base?

Carl

I don't want to beat up on Chrysler but I think they missed the boat again. Listen, I'm far from a rocket scientist but it doesn't take a genius to realize that someone at Chrysler just doesn't get it. For me the 4 door isn't the deal braker but really no SRT model available for 2011 why not? Where is the manual transmission? How about a 2011 Charger SRT with 6 speed manual now you're talking. I mean come on am I off base?

Carl

Next-gen SRT vehicles always come out a year after the new car is introduced... The article says to watch out for a 2012 SRT8 with the 6.4L. Plus I'm sure you can still get a 2011 Charger SRT8, it just won't look like the newest one.

Even though the CHARGER has 4 doors, which it shouldn't, I like the car, I really do. The 2011 with at new front end and tail light assembly I think it looks bitchin and more aggressive...

I like it. Only thing is that crosshair grille. They realy need to come out with some thing new and different.

It's been the same way for me lately with Chrysler products, with the exception of the Challenger. Eventually they grow on me I guess. I do really like or 07 Charger. It's not the best looking car but it's probably one of the best cars we've ever owned. I think it's got a more aggressive front end than the Challenger and reminds me of a 70 Coronet or a Polara. The taillights are a huge improvement over the current style though and I hear there are some earth tone interiors on the way also for these cars.
x2 I have a 2007 Charger RT, with a few mods, and as cool as the hemi in it is, it doesn't hold a candle to the New stroker I have in my Duster, the sound of the old motors to the new ones IMO are quite different. I actually like having 4 doors, when you get old like me it is easier to get in and out of, I like the rearend in the 2011 better than mine, and I can't understand why you can get a manual in the challenger and NOT in the charger. I get 30 mph on the highway with it too, something I'll never see in the duster, but who builds a stroker for gas mileage anyway??

If we can ever manage to push out a kid, this is the car I'll be looking at for sure to replace the wifes 'yota that she had before I met her (or she wouldn't have it).

I like it. Only thing is that crosshair grille. They realy need to come out with some thing new and different.

Bingo!

Why do they have to put that crappy grille on every vehicle that they produce? (except the Chally, of course) :angry7:

The car does look better than previous incarnations, but that grille has got to go. Why have the same grille on a work truck, a grocery getter, and what's supposed to be a performance car?

Heck, even Chebby wouldn't do that.

-
Back