Charger seats into a dart?

-

GoGiter

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my first post. I have a 75 Dart Swinger with the original back seat (very good condition but slight spliting along seat seams, but green) which I was thinking of keeping. The former owner took the front bench out and put in some buckets from some type of mazda. I would like to get rid of the front seats and am now on the search. I would keep the back bench Just recover with new black vinyl kit from ebay once I found some factory-ish front seats.

Ah, then I came across some clean white 76 Charger seats (see pic). Would these fit in my Dart? Thanks in advance and I LOVE this site!!! I have spent an unhealthy amount of time on it since I found it last week :-D

76 charger seats.jpg

i think thay sould with a little work but im just gessing so i would not buy them bcase of me good luck

I think they would work but you would want to use the dart brackets. I had a 75 Duster that I put Challenger(I think) seats in and with the callenger brackets my head almost touched the headliner, then I switched to a 60/40 split bench out of a Volare (for the life of me I can't remember why)

Hi everyone, my first post. I have a 75 Dart Swinger with the original back seat (very good condition but slight spliting along seat seams, but green) which I was thinking of keeping. The former owner took the front bench out and put in some buckets from some type of mazda. I would like to get rid of the front seats and am now on the search. I would keep the back bench Just recover with new black vinyl kit from ebay once I found some factory-ish front seats.

Ah, then I came across some clean white 76 Charger seats (see pic). Would these fit in my Dart? Thanks in advance and I LOVE this site!!! I have spent an unhealthy amount of time on it since I found it last week :-D

Interesting, those look like the seats the previous owner put in my Dart ('71 4 door). Mine even has power on the drivers side, and a fold down arm rest.

Did they fit well? In a word, no. They butchered the floor to remove the riser for the bench seat, and the seat was about 1.5" off center of the steering wheel. I just got done pulling the drivers seat and drilling new holes to move it over, so it can be made to work, but I am now right up against the arm rest. It works, but I wouldn't have done it to begin with. Maybe with a set of A-Body seat tracks, and no power and no arm rest, but it would take a lot of work to get them right (read - centered in front of the steering wheel).

Thanks for the useful info. I ended up passing on the charger seats but found something even better, a '74 scamp (minus the K member) with the split bench w/armrest and a sunroof! In addition to to a bunch of other usable stuff. :cheers:

74 scamp bench.jpg

just get the brackets from the charger and drill the holes for the fit, use reinforcement plates and it should be good to go.

Thanks for the useful info. I ended up passing on the charger seats but found something even better, a '74 scamp (minus the K member) with the split bench w/armrest and a sunroof! In addition to to a bunch of other usable stuff. :cheers:

My second favorite OEM seat in an A-Body. Good score!

just get the brackets from the charger and drill the holes for the fit, use reinforcement plates and it should be good to go.

Provided the seats in my Dart or the same, that wont work. The riser for the bench seat interferes pretty badly, you would have to carve the floor up to make it work.

-
Back