Charging Problem ?

-

Skully

Reaction score
My son has a 1977 Dodge D100 pick up with the 318 he has a charging problem he cant figure out,I thought maybe some 1 here might know whats wrong, any way he's done changed the alt and reg a couple times belts tite and still no charge,any body have any idea whats goin on,sure could use the help... thanks

If the wires go to the firewall distrubution block Check the connections there, sometimes they get a green corrosion on the wires.
Check the Amp gauge, if it's bad no power will get thru it.

Mopower71...I think your onto something...madelectrical.com has some good tech regarding amp guages and bulkhead connectors and the problems they can cause.

Yeah, check that fat black wire. If it cooks, nothing will get through the bulkhead connector. If your going to pull it apart to check you might as well clean the contacts. Radio Shack should sell the stuff to clean the corrosion off.

Good luck. Electrical gremlins can really suck..... :puker:

The bulkhead connector is notorious for causing electrical problems (and fires).

I'm modding my whole system with large gauge wires to a buss bar.

here is one every body overlooks too check the charge lite if so equipted burnt bulb = no charge

if no charge lite = never mind ...LOL

well i have a 77 W200 and the amp guages SUCK!!! they are a total nightmare. bypass it and run a voltage guage. i have run a voltage guage ono mine and it works great.also.... check the bulkhead connector as others have said. i can find a diagram of the bulkhead connector if you need.

-
Back