Charging system and other wiring change help needed

-

rod7515

Reaction score
Getting close to changing components for my dart and need some help with wiring. I have had other threads on different questions pertaining to some of this but am hoping I can get all answers in one thread. I am working on a 66 Dart with factory wiring and components. Below is the factory schematics.
View attachment 1714881314

View attachment 1714881315
I've tried to separate the battery/alternator side because this is the area I need help with. Here is my attempt to separate this section
View attachment 1714881316
I will be changing ignition and using this box and diagram
View attachment 1714881323
To do this I need to remove the ballast, I will not be using the ammeter but instead a voltage gauge. The battery will be moved to the trunk along with a shutoff solenoid and a Ford solenoid. So to the wiring gurus(which I am not) what are your thoughts on this. I plan on using a relay for the "heavy red" for the box and was thinking a toggle switch on the 12v switched wire off the box as was recommended to me by members in a different thread on here. The real confusion for me comes from the alt field wire which goes to ballast and how to remove and redo the alt wiring. Remember I am not going to use the factory ammeter.

If I am not very clear on any of this I will answers any of your questions later tonight as I'm doing this on my lunch in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant!

Looking forward to your help.
Thanks, Rod

Attachments

• 1966 schematic.pdf
    405.9 KB · Views: 69
-
Back