68 barracuda 68

Reaction score
Hi racers, need some good baseline setup for a 68 barracuda, 1/4 mil race:
Weight about 2900
Engine 512 640hp+150 shot gass,powerglide.foot brake about 4000rpm
Front qa1 with adjustable competition shocks
Rollbar, subframe connectors
Rear ford9 spool 4,11
Calvert monoleafs with caltracks adjusteball calvert shock.
Tire 28x10,5 -15bracket radial.
Shoul i preload the the monoleafs? Shocks serting?
Need a good baseline..

Last edited:
I would suggest a set of wheel scales and extra underwear for when you hit the nitrous...

B7BB470F-4501-43F9-B240-0BC5B0EDB935.png
Follow caltracs setup process, it’s a pretty good starting point.

On the drag week pinto, we ran a half turn preload on the right side with only the driver in the car. That seemed to make the car launch as straight as possible when it hooked.

On the drag week pinto, we ran a half turn preload on the right side with only the driver in the car. That seemed to make the car launch as straight as possible when it hooked.
thanks, for the best traction is it best to preload 1,5 turn? Rear shocks setting? Guess my issue will be traction..

Last edited:
Your issue will be traction. You will be making lots of torque. Getting your setup perfect will take some testing. Set the shock settings in the middle of the range and start there. Change one thing at a time and record the results. Try to keep as many variables (rpm, tire pressure, etc) the same as you can during testing. There will be no magic setup anyone on the internet can give you for your car. It takes lots of passes and good notes.

As mentioned, it's all trial & error. Keep "detailed" notes, no matter how trivial you think it is. It took us over 50 passes to get our CalTracs where we wanted them.

-
Back