chassis stiffining

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
what can i do to stiffin the chassis on my sport. im gonna add frame connectors and torque boxes. im makin it a lowrider and plan on 3 wheelin it so i need it to be ridgid. and no im not gonna add a cage cuz itd look like crap

how could i go about stiffining the front shock towers as thats where i gotta run the front cylinders. i dont want to have that get all bent to hell or somethin. could i just weld the plate thats there to the inner fender or should i do more?

how could i go about stiffining the front shock towers as thats where i gotta run the front cylinders. i dont want to have that get all bent to hell or somethin. could i just weld the plate thats there to the inner fender or should i do more?

Weld a support bar from the firewall to the front frame rail incorporating the upper shock mount....like a roll cage would be. Attach it to a 6"x6" plate on the firewall if you dont wanna do the cage.

If you are gonna lift the car off the ground I would do as Rokketride's link suggest as well and the firewall-front frame bars

Hey you may want to look into a shock tower to shock tower brace like XV engieering does on all of the cars they build. I would really suggest you do that since the pressure will be wanting to force the fenderwells inward.

hmmm i could,but i think ill have to enlarge the hole where the shockes poke through so my cylinders will fit

-
Back