Cheap Early-A's that got away!

-

ZooKypr

Reaction score
How I regret these two deals I missed out on...
1. '66 Dart Wagon, running daily driver /6, auto & a/c., no rust but needed paint real bad and a ton of extra parts...was $1200.00 and I watched the price decline weeks later to $250.00. Then I finally called it was SOLD!!!! AH CRAP!!! I had visions of just painting her black, limo tint the windows and rebuild the /6...DAMN IT!!!

2. '66 Valiant Convertible - driver, /6, rare 4speed, no rust, new top, came with V8 K-member - $2500.00 - seen at 2005 Fall Carlisle All makes/models Swap Meet the last day, Sunday @ 1pm. Decided to walk the swap meet and discuss it with my brother and when I decided I wanted it, We went back an hour later and it was sold. GEEZ, What the @#@@! Was there all weekend and 3 hrs before the show ends its sold.

Anyone else?

ZooKypr

when I was 17 or so, I painted a Mazda truck in trade for a 66 Barracuda Formula S. (engine had a huge hole i nthe side of the block due to lack of antifreeze). pulled the engine out, sold for $50 (stupid stupid I know) and bought a 318 for 60 and away we went. I traded that car for a 57 Chev shorty wagon project.

A year or so later, I got a notice that my cuda was in an impound yard and my "friend" I traded it to had never transferred it out of my name... I am still kicking myself for not going and getting it.... oh well.... I am also kicking myself for selling the shorty wagon!

The '57 shorty are sweet!....it would of been a 'bad ***' car! One of just a handful non-mopars that I'd 'drool on'.

ZooKypr

havent passed up anything special yet, just a couple of decent slant 4door 66 valiants, for parts for my wagon really.

there is a 64 valiant i really want right now. the price in the window is $2000 in a chebby community. it has been sitting there for over a year that i know of. my girlfriend thinks it has been sitting there since mid middle school (she is a senior in hi skool now) so i know i could get it for a lot cheaper. its rust free almost to and is sitting on concrete with a shade in the windshield so the interior is fairly clean

-
Back