Cheap Ebay roller rockers. Too good to be true?

-
If your rocker arms brag about a 'great looking anodized finish', then you know they're fishing for a sucker.

Learned a lesson from a book as a kid. Drill a hole in a log. Drive some nails in at an angle, radially around the hole, with the points down in the hole. Drop in a Shiny Metal Object. Raccoon comes along and grabs the Shiny Metal Object and won't let go. Gets caught by the nails. Gets killed and pelted.

Lesson: don't be distracted by Shiny Metal Objects.

Looking at buying anything made in China will make sure you STAY poor for the rest of your life because you will be surrounded by garbage. The Chinese people are a third world mindset with first world tools. Think about that and DO NOT forget it.

That makes them a dangerous people in more ways than one. Insert Jurrassic Park or Mark Wahlberg Planet Of The Apes reference here.

Inspect the bushings very closely. I had one that needed to be replaced out of the box. Also, when you mount them up, make sure to check that the rollers are square to the top of valve stem. I've heard some have issues with that, Luckily, mine didn't.

Ran out of time to check diameter on all of them but the couple I tried seemed to fit the shaft correctly. I did run a tap through the adjuster threads to clean them up. Then I cleared the oiling holes with a piece of welding rod. Some of them are plugged with grit/shavings from the factory so make sure you check that. I ran them in the ultrasonic tank to clear all the manufacturing debris. They definitely need a good cleaning before use. Got to figure out how to clean inside the shafts when I get home.

Had a change of mind .....I took both heads in and told them to do a valve job and check them out....They will also flow one set of ports on the heads....will not be done for another week or so due to only working 3 days this week and next week....Dont worry...I will post the results regardless of what the numbers are...
Right on.

-
Back