Cheap fuel pump

-

03ramit1

Reaction score
Ok guys my turbo Hemi has been put on hold. I am going to build my car up N/A for the time being. And I am in need of a cheap online pump, that I can run for a year or so untill I can get back on track with my turbo build. I really wanna get this thing up and running. All I need to do is buy a cheap craigslist trans, oil pickup, flex plate, oil filter relocation kit, fuel pump and fuel lines. And I can have the car up and running. Its only a few hundred for most parts , and I know what I need, the issue I have is I need a fuel pump, (I have an aeromotive A1000 but it's way overkill for the cammed and headed Hemi I currently have in the car) so looking for a cheap alternative to run for the time being. Also would like one that has a built in reg if possible. Thanks guys.

when you say cheap??

im swapping out a street carter for a red pump if you want to work out something for it...

Go with 805s idea,that pump will feed 425 to 475 hp easy.

Yes,the street one.easily. About 450 with a 3/8 line and a 750 d/p Holley,the limit.(in my experience)

Only issue isthat it's gotta support fuel injection. Sorry I should have been more clear. And the motor will make close to 500 at the flywheel, in it's current configuration. It made almost 400 to the wheels in my 04 dodge ram.

Walbro gsl392 w/install kit and corvette regulator. Cheapest option, period. Will support up to about 600. I have both, new, if you want em. $120 for both shipped, I paid $155 ($125+$30 without shipping) for both.

Im sure you already know, but the gsl392 is external in-line, and you put the corvette filter/regulator in line as well. You can do this all on the back end of the car, with a deadhead system at the fuel rails, which is the way it was designed (the corvette regulator has a 3/8 in, 3/8 out, and 5/16 return). It regulates at ~58 psi.

Is your tank already sumped? If not, I've got a carter lift pump and fuel accumulator as well. Or if you've got an electric laying around, you could use that as a lift pump.

This is everything I was going to use for my NA motor, but I'm stepping up to an A1000 with the novi 1500 and a return line fuel system. Everything is so much easier up to 600 hp on gas!!!

I'm intrested but can't even consider buying untill after Christmas. I'll get with you about it then if you wanna work a deal

Are u interested in selling your A1000?

I'm not. It will be going in the car just ata later date. It will be 2 years before I'm ready but it will get in there I have way too many turbo parts to start selling se of it off. I just don't have much money to toss at building a stroker to handle 20psi, a trans that can take the power, fab up the headers and install the fuel system right now. So I'm going to get the car running as cheaply as possible and then abuse the he'll out of it. If it blows then itwill sit broken untill it's time to add boost.

Walbro gsl392 w/install kit and corvette regulator. Cheapest option, period. Will support up to about 600. I have both, new, if you want em. $120 for both shipped, I paid $155 ($125+$30 without shipping) for both.

Wade, pm me your paypal and I'll get the money sent to you on Thursday, or Friday. Thanks a bunch.

I have heard this is an option, but not a good one - why? Also has anyone used the WIX replacement filter/reg instead of the AC/Delco part?

I have heard this is an option, but not a good one - why? Also has anyone used the WIX replacement filter/reg instead of the AC/Delco part?

I was gonna run the wix filter, just fyi, napa gold products are re packaged wix filters...

The reason the external pump isnt the best option is because a ext pump is much louder, and prone to overheat with the high demand of the system. One of the reasons the pump goes in tank is so the pump can be "cooled" by the fuel.

It doesnt make it a horrible idea, lots of guys still run it this way... May just be a good idea to have a spare pump handy if you plan a long road trip, and be aware of the extra noise.

So it would acceptable to go that route until I decide to buy a new tank with in tank fuel pump. I have also been told that the intank route isn't fool proof and at least external mounted pump could be easily changed. Thw WIX/Napa is quite a bit cheaper than the AC/Delco. Some of the conversion companies are trying to sell the AC/Delco for $180. I can buy the AC from Summit/Rock for $68 or the WIX for $38.

-C

I'll neverhear the pump running with about 12 inches of exhaust. So noise is the least of my concern. But I could see is as an issue for others

Another low cost option is to use a factory pump. It will take more fab work, but you can likely pick one up cheap from a salvage yard. That is the route I went for now to keep cost down. No regulator or return needed.

Here are a couple pics of the truck pump I modified to fit in the tank and the tank itself.

Attachments

• DSC03342.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC03346.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 233
Yeah I like that too, but I'm not cutting up my fuel cell, to run a temp setup. My factory tank is long gone, and I could not reinstall one even if I wanted to. I movedy Dana 60 back about an inch and the aftermarket cover would need a bunch of the same space as a stock tank.

-
Back