Cheap, Nice Aluminum Radiator in 1965 Dart GT

-

sazzlefrats

Reaction score
vbpicgallery.php
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=7281

Not sure how to post pics, but....

I found this from Skyline Performance on Ebay. 160 shipped to my door with an electric fan. I've got custom mounting brackets, but they also sell a mounting kit for $25.

This particular one has overall dimensions of 25 x 19 x 3? The core is 18 x 17 x 2 1/4? Something like that. Rated for hundreds of horsepower. Leaves a lot of room between it and the motor too.

Seemed like a nice find, figured I'd post it here.

BTW any idea what motor that is? :p

vbpicgallery.php
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=7281

Not sure how to post pics, but....

I found this from Skyline Performance on Ebay. 160 shipped to my door with an electric fan. I've got custom mounting brackets, but they also sell a mounting kit for $25.

This particular one has overall dimensions of 25 x 19 x 3? The core is 18 x 17 x 2 1/4? Something like that. Rated for hundreds of horsepower. Leaves a lot of room between it and the motor too.

Seemed like a nice find, figured I'd post it here.

BTW any idea what motor that is? :p

what brand of radiator? one thing I don't like is its cross flow and doesn't have top and bottom tanks, made for a chebby

That's what I liked about it... it is a modern style crossflow. Skyline makes them themselves at least thats what the sales persons said, or they design them and have them made overseas. Either way I am pretty happy about the fit. They also make the radiator ford style. I didn't check but maybe they make one with the inlet and outlet on the same side... not even sure if that's possible on a crossflow, I didn't see any like that.

Since heat naturally rises crossflow radiators have always seemed a little strange to me. I don't know why you would consider crossflow to be "modern" since many new cars come equipped vertical flow radiators.

Wouldn't that make a vertical flow radiator even more suspect?

Actually both radiator styles work because the coolant is pumped in and out, and heat rising would be non-existent. The advantage of the crossflow is the positioning of the radiator cap on the out-tank which allows longer high speed engine operation and pressure to build up which I bet for street use is a big nothing.

I think what really matters is that it has much more surface area, its a dual pass design, the shape of this radiator completely fills up my radiator opening and it totally outflows my old radiator by several magnitudes. And its cheap!

-
Back