Cheap paint

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok so I have a little cash not enough to paint my hole car not even close.I am looking for a cheap FLAT BLACK paint the I can spray on my car to at least have a painted car.It needs to be cheap and easy to sand off and dose not really have to be high quality or durable.

Try DuPont, Satin Black, in a rattle can. The local resto shop should hook you up.

If you have access to a spray gun,check out Rustoleum,flat black.About 20 to 30 a gallon.Check your local walmart,or hardware store.Reduce with acetone.

Rattle can is NOT cheap. Rustoleum, as mentioned above, is pretty cheap. I get it for $7.00 a quart, and it goes a long way in my HVLP.

Rattle can is NOT cheap. Rustoleum, as mentioned above, is pretty cheap. I get it for $7.00 a quart, and it goes a long way in my HVLP.

It is when you know how to shop. I'm not saying it isn't gonna be $7.00 but it removes the hassle of mixing. The resto shop I'm associated with can get bulk orders and pass a savings to me. If you got to the store, try a military discount, look for sales, any way to save money it obviously positive, but in the end if the Rust-oleum is cheaper, roll with it. As long as the car is painted, job done.

I do my share of rattle canning. I agree the convenience is worth a premium price (I'm not so savvy with sources). But I have to think that for doing an entire car, it would get expensive, and worth using a gun if you have an air supply. When I did my rally wheels, I mixed Rustoleum "Aluminium" and black oil base to get the tone I wanted, thinned down with Acetone, and sprayed. I think I used only 4 ounces to get two decent coats on four wheels with my cheap HF HVLP jamb gun. It looks good to me, and has held up fantastically.

Nice to meet the other bomber,love your pic of Todd(lol)
Hey there. My name comes from my favorite bike of all time, the Honda CB450 (had a '65). I've had plenty of other bikes, including two of the other "H" brand, but something about that DOHC upright twin appeals to me.

I read somewhere that Todd's car was a '73 Duster, even though the amber front turn signals would suggest a later model. Anyway, the OTHER side of my car looks a lot like his.

-
Back