Cheapo Gasket sets? Is it worth it?

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Hi. Im looking for gasket sets and found this one Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODG..._Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a03595cdfd

This guy ships from Turkey ... and he did not describe what gaskets are included in the kit. He does have 99% feedback rating though.

Including shipping, this product would cost me HALF compared to if I had ordered Fel-Pro or Victor for the US. Im just afraid the quality issues. Do you think its ok or should I stick to "name brands"?

Cheers

Syed

i ordered my set from jackson's old time parts but i dont see him having an auction on ebay for the slant 6.... it wasnt a bad set just would of liked a rubber valve cover gasket get a remflex gasket for the intake...you wont be sorry.

Make sure you get a good quality gasket for the intake/exaust manifolds.I bought some cheaps ones when I had my /6 and they didnt seal for sh*t
:banghead:

Is it a good idea? Depends on how often you want to re-do the job, and how many good quality gaskets you want to buy individually. NO, it's not a good idea! Get a good quality name-brand gasket set (Permaseal, for example) from Australia. Ray @ Pentastar Parts shipped my Permaseal head gasket from Australia to USA in well under a week. See to it that whatever set you get includes the good gaskets for the manifolds-to-head and intake-to-exhaust junctions; those can be had out of Australia, too.

Is it a good idea? Depends on how often you want to re-do the job, and how many good quality gaskets you want to buy individually. NO, it's not a good idea! Get a good quality name-brand gasket set (Permaseal, for example) from Australia. Ray @ Pentastar Parts shipped my Permaseal head gasket from Australia to USA in well under a week. See to it that whatever set you get includes the good gaskets for the manifolds-to-head and intake-to-exhaust junctions; those can be had out of Australia, too.

Hi again

Found this Fel-Pro set for US44.95. At least he shows whats INSIDE the kit. yeah 20 bucks extra ain't bad at all. Im gonna order this :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...PageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123#ht_2610wt_939

Thanks

Syed

-
Back