Cheapo mirrors........GONE!

-

hypermite

Reaction score
I scored a real nice drivers side remote mirror, plus two window crank handles and a glove box light lens,today at a local yard for 25 bucks, Got them all cleaned up,polished & installed this afternoon, good-riddance cheap aftermarket parts store garbage ! (no offense to people with these on their car!)

luke & duster 013.jpg

luke & duster 014.jpg

luke & duster 015.jpg

luke & duster 016.jpg

Interested to hear how you like the visibility of the stock mirror. The Chrome looks nice, but I'd wager that you had a wider range of vision with the larger parts-store piece. I've got stock mirrors on my Scamp, and I'm actually considering going the other way. Let us know...

don't forget to fill in the extra hole on the driverside. i too had to do the very same thing when i got rid of my part store mirrors someone had installed long ago as well.

My Dart has them chepo mirrors too. I hate them. I got a stock style driver side mirror like you have but not remote that I want to put on when I paint my car but I want to delete my pass side mirror. I just always liked that look. Your car looks much better now. Congrats on the smoking deal. Thats to cool.

Nice find....

I have a question though!!! What color is your car?

Thanks for the props guys. GoFish, the area of the aftermarket mirrors is slightly less than 15". the total area of the factory mirror is 12.5" So yeah, I'm losing some rear view vision, Is that a Camaro back there ? Oh well,Who cares?
Hemizach, the car is Y-5 Yellow Blaze, but for some reason doesn't show up too well in photos.

Thanks for the props guys. GoFish, the area of the aftermarket mirrors is slightly less than 15". the total area of the factory mirror is 12.5" So yeah, I'm losing some rear view vision, Is that a Camaro back there ? Oh well,Who cares?
Hemizach, the car is Y-5 Yellow Blaze, but for some reason doesn't show up too well in photos.

Ah ok, thanks very much.

I may be interested in those mirrors you are tossing...they look like the ones on my fish and the drivers side is broken....cant find them anymore. And cant find oem style mirrors in good shape at a good price yet...

Or did you chuck them already?

-
Back