Cheapskate Cooling...

-
This is how my luck works, I miss the sale and have to pay full price! I went ahead and got the one I mentioned and I dropped it in and seams to fit well. I'll have to make some brackets, but that's probably going to be simple and fun. Also some kind of cover for the top of it because it look aesthetically crappy.
View attachment 1715195610 it seems a little smaller in dimension, but actually it fits the stock hole pretty Square. And definitely has two rows and will have probably almost twice the volume. Also I ordered it without the automatic transmission cooler so possibly more volume for engine Cooling. AT LEAST 10 TO 12 POUNDS LIGHTER OFF THE NOSE! But that just might make up for extra water weight? LOL
Quite a bit smaller.... hope it cools... You stink'n cheap skate!!!!! I told you the one that would fit, look great, be bigger, no bracket makn' and cool the thing! What'd ya save, 47 bucks?????? :poke:
:lol:

Quite a bit smaller.... hope it cools... You stink'n cheap skate!!!!! I told you the one that would fit, look great, be bigger, no bracket makn' and cool the thing! What'd ya save, 47 bucks?????? :poke:
:lol:
The next size up would be to big. Again it's the same size as the hole it's in front of. I can tell it has much more volume and I'm happy with it.
Did you post a link? I don't remember.
Even though the title is "cheapskate Cooling!" I really didn't purposely order it to piss you off! LOL anyways it came Thursday in its own package from UPS about 1 in the afternoon, Package 2 with my new intake gasket and my alternator bracket came on track and didn't come. They said it got delivered at 4:02 in the afternoon which I called BS on because I watch The Rifleman from 3 to 4 almost every day and I see no truck come up. So I called Friday morning and said what the heck and they said they'll get someone out there to fix it. I called at 4 in the afternoon and they said oh we just sent out an email and you'll be getting a call anytime. Nothing! LOL. I called this morning and just get put on hold. I called Summit they said they're sending out a new one right now and on track just bought that one LOL another big win for Summit in my book.

Cheapskate!!!! I'm so mad I called off work today... :BangHead:
LOL.....
Anyways, I'm sure (I hope) what ya got will work just fine.

But here is the A-body one I put in my '74 Duster. For anyone else that wonders, this fit like it came with the car. NO modifications whatsoever.
1970-1972 Dodge Dart All Aluminum 3 Row Core KR Champion Radiator | eBay

I put a E-body Champion in my '76 Duster. It's bigger than the one in the link. I did have to "oval" two holes for the E-body one to fit.

Cheapskate!!!! I'm so mad I called off work today... :BangHead:
LOL.....
Anyways, I'm sure (I hope) what ya got will work just fine.

But here is the A-body one I put in my '74 Duster. For anyone else that wonders, this fit like it came with the car. NO modifications whatsoever.
1970-1972 Dodge Dart All Aluminum 3 Row Core KR Champion Radiator | eBay

I put a E-body Champion in my '76 Duster. It's bigger than the one in the link. I did have to "oval" two holes for the E-body one to fit.
Honestly if I would have seen this link I probably would have bought that one and spent the extra money, but on the other hand I did get the alternator bracket and the premium intake gaskets along with the radiator for less than the $210 radiator which it itched my Cheapskate scratch nicely.
But again aesthetically it would have been a lot nicer plus it comes with the cap and it just bolts right in. It looks nicer and I can be lazier! I'd be all over that! LOL

Honestly if I would have seen this link I probably would have bought that one and spent the extra money, but on the other hand I did get the alternator bracket and the premium intake gaskets along with the radiator for less than the $210 radiator which it itched my Cheapskate scratch nicely.
But again aesthetically it would have been a lot nicer plus it comes with the cap and it just bolts right in. It looks nicer and I can be lazier! I'd be all over that! LOL

What about my metal for frame connectors. I thought you were making me a set of 30 minute frame connecters.

For some reason I do like side tanks and cross flow. When you look down the side tank you can really see how much water is in there.

This is kind of two fold as it was the first step to the cam change I'm doing. (See Racers Forum under here we go again LOL)
SOOO, I'm not going to be able to test this until I get the cam back in. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get started. Really should just be a few days of tinkering and a couple days of trying to make sure I didn't miss anything and hopefully next weekend?

This is kind of two fold as it was the first step to the cam change I'm doing. (See Racers Forum under here we go again LOL)
SOOO, I'm not going to be able to test this until I get the cam back in. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get started. Really should just be a few days of tinkering and a couple days of trying to make sure I didn't miss anything and hopefully next weekend?

WTH??? Is Heard sitting on the cam hoping to hatch the thing? Either he's really busy or he is out racing. I need to stop by and remind him how cool I am.

A whole nother thread ? There were only 4 seasons....lol

It takes very little to derail a jpar thread.

Whatever you do don't mention SNOWMOBILES. He will get outside his mind, orgasm thinking about them and then go take a nap. Avoid that subject as much as possible. jpar screws off enough as it is.

WTH??? Is Heard sitting on the cam hoping to hatch the thing? Either he's really busy or he is out racing. I need to stop by and remind him how cool I am.
I covered that in the other thread that I just mentioned about the cam. Puff puff pass, puff puff pass,.... LOL....

The next size up would be to big. Again it's the same size as the hole it's in front of. I can tell it has much more volume and I'm happy with it.
Did you post a link? I don't remember.
Even though the title is "cheapskate Cooling!" I really didn't purposely order it to piss you off! LOL anyways it came Thursday in its own package from UPS about 1 in the afternoon, Package 2 with my new intake gasket and my alternator bracket came on track and didn't come. They said it got delivered at 4:02 in the afternoon which I called BS on because I watch The Rifleman from 3 to 4 almost every day and I see no truck come up. So I called Friday morning and said what the heck and they said they'll get someone out there to fix it. I called at 4 in the afternoon and they said oh we just sent out an email and you'll be getting a call anytime. Nothing! LOL. I called this morning and just get put on hold. I called Summit they said they're sending out a new one right now and on track just bought that one LOL another big win for Summit in my book.
Saga continues today on those gaskets and then alternator bracket as on track again said that they delivered it at 2pm today and we didn't see anybody here at 2 and we were here. So I called Summit and I could get put on hold and while I'm on hold I Call On Track and they said they satellite scanned it at my house and it has to be there and now I have to deal with Summit so I click over and I'm still on hold at the summit LOL so I wait and I tell him this is getting insane they just can't seem to find my house and no nothing showed up. He said well let me just follow procedure and call them and we'll get this taken care of. As I'm sitting there on hold low and behold I look across the street and on the doorsteps of my neighbor there's a box and it looks quite familiar. I walk across the street and sure enough. I wait for the guy to get back on the line and tell him what happened and they explained to him that it was scanned by satellite and that it had to be on my doorstep. he put a special note in my file no more ontrac.

that's good ! at least your neighbor isn't wearing your boots like my neighbor was after UPS dropped them on his front porch. To this day, my neighbor swears he ordered the same boots. UPS also swears they put them on my front porch.

that's good ! at least your neighbor isn't wearing your boots like my neighbor was after UPS dropped them on his front porch. To this day, my neighbor swears he ordered the same boots. UPS also swears they put them on my front porch.

That's funny. I live where the hoot owls and the chickens have coitus. So, that doesn't happen to me.

Well here's where I sit- clean Block, gutted 160-180°?, New aluminum two core radiator, 2951571 manual pump, I think 1 to 1 pullys, two 12 electric puller fans from a 440 motorhome. Oh yes and the newly dubbed Secret "yellow rose Slayer" cam LOL...

speaking of radiators, I supported RustyRatRod and bought a new lifetime warranty Murray from O'Reilly's today for the Ramcharger. Direct replacement... looks nice! Copper, looks original :)

speaking of radiators, I supported RustyRatRod and bought a new lifetime warranty Murray from O'Reilly's today for the Ramcharger. Direct replacement... looks nice! Copper, looks original :)
I agree. My question is HOW did we manage to cool real Hemi's, max wedges, 440-6 and did not have aluminum rad. electric fans, etc!???? Our antifreeze was not even high tech, just green? Just wondering??? Cross flow rad. WTF???? LOL

I agree. My question is HOW did we manage to cool real Hemi's, max wedges, 440-6 and did not have aluminum rad. electric fans, etc!???? Our antifreeze was not even high tech, just green? Just wondering??? Cross flow rad. WTF???? LOL

Several things.

Correctly sized radiator.
The correct fan and shroud.
Water pump was turning the correct speed.

Do all that and you can cool about anything.

Several things.

Correctly sized radiator.
The correct fan and shroud.
Water pump was turning the correct speed.

Do all that and you can cool about anything.
Aren't you supposed to be taking pictures!
Of your scatter shield...

Aren't you supposed to be taking pictures!
Of your scatter shield...

Stupid brown truck isn't here yet. I thought it would be here yesterday. Iffin it ain't here today I'm a gonna call them tomorrow and get the tracking number and see where it's at.

I tracked it back to Iowa and it had 3 stops in Montana and 3 stops in South Dakota for some reason. I can never figure out the brown truck.

-
Back