Check out these rotors off my daughters car!

-
Were there threaded holes in the rotor that appear to be for another set of lugs (or something)?

The reason I ask is I had the exact same problem with an fwd celica and assumed, because of living in the pac nw, that it was rusted on.

WRONG-O.

My buddy (toyota dealership mechanic) came over and laughed, then ran bolts into the threaded holes, and it popped off. Then he told me muscle cars were gay as he drank my beer. Butthole.

The holes you see usually have threads to run an 8mm bolt onto the hub to help push the rotor off. Had there been any threads in the holes, I would have done that. These are not threaded. One goes into a threaded hole into the hub to very unnecessarily hold the rotor in place. The only choice was brute force or mechanical force. I used both.

Best thing I ever did was started loading up the inside of the new rotors(hub area) and the outside of the bearing hub with Anti-Seize compound before re-assembly. Since then, no problems whatsoever.

That's what I do too, on my truck and the wife's car. I also put it on the backside of the aluminum wheels, I have had to go to battle more than once with them to get em off.

-
Back