Check your oil!!!!

-

redfastback

Don't ask me... my garage is empty
Reaction score
This is just a friendly reminder for those with medium to high mileage engines to keep an eye on your oil!! If you notice you burn oil, check it a couple times a week at least.
I say this due to my daily driver (66 dart wagon) burns alot of oil if I travel on highways alot and I check it constantly. Yet this week alone, 3, YES 3 cars have come in the shop for preventative maintanance with little or no oil in them. The first car(68 falcon) had 1/2 qt in the pan, the second car(67 cuda) had 3/4 quart in the pan, and the 3rd(68 firebird) had about 5 tbsps!!! what is up with this????:angry7:

SO please keep your engine happy and keep her topped off......:cheers:

I bet those guys with no oil are the guys that bought there car and didn't build it. When you build your car I think you stay on top of that anyway. My hood is popped about once a day and always gets everything checked.

Thanson, I know right where on earth would you see those cars in one week?

RedFastback,
Way to be thinking with your dipstick JIMMY!!!

castrol-use-your-dipstick.jpg

Good reminder. I was more than 1 qt low once, after hwy driving. Now I really watch it.

Many years ago I had a Furd Pinto that I was trying to kill. It leaked water, tranny fluid and oil all the time. I swear that car would have run forever with no fluids in it at all which sucked because I was looking for any excuse not to have to drive it. I finally sold it to some poor bastard that needed it worse than me. I can't say he got a great deal, after all it was a Pinto.

Add one more to the list.....

66 mustang A code 4spd car,.....1.5 quarts.

BLACK as nite as well......

As my ex asked me one time....I changed my oil just last year, do I have to change it again this year??

BMW20oil20sludge1.jpg

-
Back