Checkerboard on and clear goes on tomorrow

-

9secSmallBlock

Here is the checkerboard on the quarter panel, Should have clear on car tomorrow along with all the air brush work. Finished paint pics should arrive on Wednesday.
ea9b8822.jpg

Looks great, what a lot of work that would be, I don't even want to spray a two tone :lol:

516.gif
Maybe 11 ....

Nice work ! PLEASE post more pictures.

You would'nt believe me if I told you it only took 15 min to lay out the checkerboard. Paint base white then lay out big sheet of vinyl with checkers cut out and shoot red over then peel off. Check out the overall progress now.
ea97d1dc.jpg

ea97d1a5.jpg

ea97d171.jpg

That looks wicked, I love the 3D look of the flames too. How long did it take you to make the vinyl template with cutouts? Somewhere in there, there is a ton of work, either that or you are a superhero of some sort, I'm leaning towards that anyway :salute:

The vinyl template was already prepared on computer from when my dads car was done. This car mirrors his. It only took about 3 miniutes for the machine to cut pattern then took me about 20 minutes to peel out every other square for pattern. The guy doing the work at paint shop is very very very good. www.kustomkolors.us

Very, very good is right, I paint my own cars and can really appreciate this sort of custom work. I try to keep it simple, the last one I did was a blue metallic BC/CC, that was tricky enough for me :laughing: I will probably do a two tone on the Duster though so there will be an extra step or two.

Rob said:
Very, very good is right, I paint my own cars and can really appreciate this sort of custom work. I try to keep it simple, the last one I did was a blue metallic BC/CC, that was tricky enough for me :laughing: I will probably do a two tone on the Duster though so there will be an extra step or two.

And you will have your work cut out for you when you paint my car as im unsure of what i want to do.. LMMFAO.. Oh Rob.. :toothy7:

BTW.. you wanna paint my car for me? haha

I'm sorry the link should work now. Check out the Poker Face boat and hauler combo it is awesome.

you dont own that truck do you?

ive seen that thing before.. the ford 650 or whatever.. youd have to be a redneck to own that monster.. :toothy7:

Cerwin said:
you dont own that truck do you?

ive seen that thing before.. the ford 650 or whatever.. youd have to be a redneck to own that monster.. :toothy7:

I can barely afford the race car let alone one of those big dogs. To much for my need. Would own it if it were given to me though.

Cerwin said:
And you will have your work cut out for you when you paint my car as im unsure of what i want to do.. LMMFAO.. Oh Rob.. :toothy7:

BTW.. you wanna paint my car for me? haha

Sure, right after I finish the 7 or so I have lined up :lol: , I'm just hoping that I live long enough to finish the ones I have on the go :toothy7:

Sweet! Love the look of those 3D flames too. Like to see it out in the sun in all it's glory.

-
Back