cherokee 8.25! will it fit a 74 scamp

-
Reaction score
Hi I have a 74 scamp that currently has an 8.25. but i also have a 8.25 out of a jeep cherokee that i wanted to use because it is 29 spline and has an aftermarket disc brake setup. i was wondering if it will bolt up and work if i just weld new shock perches! I have 4.56 gears i just bought that i plan on putting in, but need to know what will work first. thanks again guys

you do know that if your motivation for this is the disc brakes that they are a bolt in swap. if you hit the search here you will find a couple of threads (one is mine in the brakes forum) with photos and all detailing it...

well i didnt just want it for the brake setup but because from wheel to wheel its an inch shorter and the axles or 29 spline instead of 27. plus its a fresher rear end than whats in the 74

As long as the tubes are the same size, it should be a bolt in. May have to move the spring perches (I think thats what you meant by the "shock perches"). It will have the same bolt pattern and will be an inch narrower, I say go for it.

well i didnt just want it for the brake setup but because from wheel to wheel its an inch shorter and the axles or 29 spline instead of 27. plus its a fresher rear end than whats in the 74
my bad, I ASSUMED :blob6: you just wanted the brake setup... Some of those jeepers have factory limited slip as well...

-
Back