Chev A.O.D trans issue - suggestions?

-

bighammer

Reaction score
One of my work trucks is an older Chev box van. It is about 10 years old w/ LOTs of miles on it, almost 200,000.

Recently the transmission started shuddering while shifting between gears, I think it is mostly between 2-3 and going into O.D.. It is an auto w/ overdrive.

My question is, is the tranny toast? Is there anything we can do to make it better? Flush tranny? (down the toilet?, Lol) I just want to buy some time with it.

thanks

Don't GM slush boxes have a vacuum module on them that fail?

If it's 10 years old it would be electronic, what engine? 4.8/5.3 = 4L60E, 6.0 = 4L80E.

If you're just looking to throw a quick bandaid on it, try the Lucas transmission fix.

[ame]https://www.lucasoil.com/images/medialibrary/55B4A6E3A83C27E44D62D6D1F42F1FEF.pdf[/ame]

That's converter shudder and will likely stop with a fluid and filter service.

What engine? V8! I seriously don't know the displacement, but I think it is a 350. I will check on the things mentioned; thank you for the ideas.

................There is a product called Shudder Guard made by Wynn's that's pretty good.........works best with new fluid........kim......

I wouldn't do a flush. I would do a service with a filter and fluid change. You will have the ability to see how many shavings are inside the pan.

-
Back