chevelle vs evo

-
Probably not.
Do not street race but have knocked off only two evo's i've ever faced at track in test & tunes as stated in earlier post since that was topic. 1/8th mile times but ran 8.10's to their 8.30's.( 12.6's to high 12's in quarter) Of course they were more than likely stock & did instantly jump on me off the line and i'm heavily modified with drag radials. This is just my limited experience and opinion and have the utmost respect for these cars, just doesn't seem to go both ways at my local track( northeast dragway). Probably an east coast thing but sure can't blame em for being as anal about their modern muscle as i am about my classic.

Oldschoolcuda

Do not street race but have knocked off only two evo's i've ever faced at track in test & tunes as stated in earlier post since that was topic. 1/8th mile times but ran 8.10's to their 8.30's.( 12.6's to high 12's in quarter) Of course they were more than likely stock & did instantly jump on me off the line and i'm heavily modified with drag radials. This is just my limited experience and opinion and have the utmost respect for these cars, just doesn't seem to go both ways at my local track( northeast dragway). Probably an east coast thing but sure can't blame em for being as anal about their modern muscle as i am about my classic.

Oldschoolcuda

Sounds about right. Good job. There was a time when us muscle car guys didn't show any respect for imports. The guys I grew up were all muscle car guys and we all laughed whenever imports were brought up. This was around 1990-1995 so the import scene was extremely limited. But the market has now shifted in their favor and the amount of high performance parts vendors available for imports has significantly increased over the years. In other words, they have closed the gap whether anyone cares to admit it or not.

I'm going to be planning my next motor soon. The plan is to build a 350-ish crank HP based on a stock stroke 340 + 125 shot. This should keep the motor very streetable (nearest track for me is about an hour away). So when I do hit the track, I'll be in the mid-11 sec range. At least that's the plan anyways...

-
Back