chevy cruz

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
6 speed manual eco turbo. Everything is wired to the bcm. No trunk release button inside the car. Cant use key fob while car is running. Has to be in neutral with e brake on.

Evidently the trunk button isn't sealed so it doesn't last. The fix is to replace it and seal it with silicon.

My redneck fix was to use my leftover micro switch from my b&m quicksilver purchase. I know it wont last either unless I seal it up but I plan to rig it up to work like factory.

12955d1366245704-repair-your-trunk-switch-sealant.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl1UMIkF590"]Video from My Phone - YouTube[/ame]

I have one of these cars too, except mine is a 2LT Manual 1.4 Turbo. I've had that switch fail as well, though they got it under warranty. I don't remember new ones being very expensive when I looked. Other than that, the water pump failed recently, which is another known problem.

I don't have the same transmission gearing you do but I'm averaging 34.3 mpg lifetime anyway. Can't complain.

I have one of these cars too, except mine is a 2LT Manual 1.4 Turbo. I've had that switch fail as well, though they got it under warranty. I don't remember new ones being very expensive when I looked. Other than that, the water pump failed recently, which is another known problem.

I don't have the same transmission gearing you do but I'm averaging 34.3 mpg lifetime anyway. Can't complain.

The girlfriend and I car pool to work (24 miles one way with no stop signs the whole way). best was 46mpg. Thanks for the heads up on the water pump. I just don't like a few things about this car. The fact that because its a manual transmission you get fix a flat instead of a tire. the power lock switch is in the center (which i found out while holding my one year old with the car running this winter. The doors auto lock and you cant shut it off or bypass it because its wired to the bcm.

The girlfriend and I car pool to work (24 miles one way with no stop signs the whole way). best was 46mpg. Thanks for the heads up on the water pump. I just don't like a few things about this car. The fact that because its a manual transmission you get fix a flat instead of a tire. the power lock switch is in the center (which i found out while holding my one year old with the car running this winter. The doors auto lock and you cant shut it off or bypass it because its wired to the bcm.

It's only the ECO that has the no spare. My 2LT Manual has one. You can get a setup from an auto car or a 1LT/2LT manual.

There are some auto lock settings that you can access through the config menu on the radio, IIRC.

If you pull the interior handle twice the doors will open anyway. I just never looked at the settings.

Interesting. I tried all the settings. not a problem when its just the girlfriend and I. But when the kids are with and you need to get into the back seat.

-
Back